Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2015, 05:30 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
You can probably replace it all with 1/2" PEX for less trouble than trying to patch it.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Tulsa , Oklahoma
If you don't file the copper to the exact diameter of new tubing, a Shark bite connection won't fit. For that reason, I used compression fittings that have a ring that allows you to get the size. Cut your leak out and go back to smallest circumference that you have. Check size with ring and file or emery cloth to allow it to slip on.
terrencecolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master

WindyJim,

Glad to see your Nylon Braided Hose has held up well. There's a reason why it's used in so many industries. Just take a look at the specs!

Silicone Braided Hose FDA and NSF 51 Grade On Harrison Hose & Tubing, Inc.

I know many folks just think it's a white trash, redneck way to fix a leak or such, but if one does their research, they would never use anything else. You might want to take a look, I'm sure these folks have the size you'll need.

Enjoy,
Old 06-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1974 21' Globetrotter
staten island , New York
Just to add my 2 cents. When i purchased my AS the water system was a hodge lodge of original copper, nylon patches, and even clear tubing patches held together with hose clamps. Every spring more of th original copper would spring a leak till I eventually stopped trying to patch and i ripped it all out except for where it comes in from the street and replaced it with pex. I used the propex system after talking to my friend who is a plumber. He let m borrow his expansion tool and in 4 hours I replumbed the entire AS. Heres a video of how the propex system works. I have no affiliation with this company fyi just a fan after using the product.
dcorona is offline   Reply With Quote