Old 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2007 34' Classic S/O
The Villages , Florida
Grey Tank

I think we use more water than we think and it goes into the grey tank. I am constantly telling my wife that we should use less and she has stopped replying to me. That may be a bad sign! It fills up, I dump. A lot of places allow dumping grey water on the ground. Pretty commonplace in Florida. I usually hook up a short hose to the drain cap and put it under the trailer. Leave it open and it seeps away. I also have a plug kit that fits in the campground sewer inlet so that if I don't want to use and dump the black tank, then the grey is always going down the drain. It's great on the road when the black tank isn't full and you're overnighting and just want to get rid of the grey.

Phil & Doris Drugge
[COLOR="Red"]WBCCI #4941

"Jerry and our Amazing Dream Stream"
PhiDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2007 34' Classic S/O
The Villages , Florida
I added 8 gallons of water and 1 cup of Calgon Water Softener to my black tank today. 34 gallon tank. I believe that it's not the sensors going bad, but matter adhered to the sensor that stops it from doing its job.
Last night I saw this video on YouTube. Very interesting re seeing inside the black tank!!

Phil & Doris Drugge
[COLOR="Red"]WBCCI #4941

"Jerry and our Amazing Dream Stream"
PhiDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Not common anywhere I have been in Fl! Dumping gray water in most parts of the state will get you a big fine. At least that is my experience and I have lived here over 40 years. Jim
avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
Nellysford , Virginia
Lin and I have had similar experiences. We do try to economize while showering and doing dishes, etc. We do use the basin-in-the-sink tactic, pouring them into the toilet when dishes are done. Even so the grey does fill up much faster than the black. To help "balance" things out we also carry a small electric "sump" pump and a length of garden hose. We stop up the shower and let the pan fill. When done, we pump the pan to the toilet through the hose. That helps us get two more days when boondocking before we just *have* to hook up and go to the dump.
Greg and Linda Heuer
'99 Excella 30 w/HAHA - The Silver Otter
'08 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6 DuraMax
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Rosemere , Quebec
I put dishes water in toilet, when the gray tank is full I transfer the water in the toilet with a bucket.

2013 FC 25 B
WBCCI 20130
Pitou49 is offline   Reply With Quote