Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1989 34' Excella
Traverse City , Michigan
Gray water tank hole and shower drain

I have a 1989 Excella 34. Completely gutted by PO. I have considered many options for a new shower. Looks like original replacement is about $1500. Considered just buying a small shower pan and using tile board for walls ( thin looks like tile) but I keep coming back to not knowing where the shower drain needs to be in anything I buy. Trying not to make any headaches. I have the mid bath with the seat that goes over the wheel well. I called Airstream Parts supplier and without original dimensions and drain location they couldn't help.
Anybody have this unit and could take a picture of your shower drain?
Anybody done this before?
Davidhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Have a look at the thread below:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...-159478-3.html

There is some discussion about the shower on this '85 starting in post #22, I believe. This is a mid-body bath, and might be pretty similar to yours. As I recall the pictures, it looks like the base of the shower pan is actually elevated above the floor, allowing the drain pipes to run above the sub-floor, and below the shower pan. You lose a few inches of headroom with this set-up, but you gain all the flexibility you need, as you can configure it however you want, within reason. If your factory showerpan looked similar to the unit in these pictures, I think Inland RV sells that piece for a few hundred or so.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote