Old 10-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I just refilled the water tank - oddly - it seemed to fill quicker than I suspected (micro pulse may be something just throwing this all off....

Drained the hot water tank and replaced with new plug with plenty of the white tape. Turned on pump filled tank - dried the area of the hot plug really good - no signs of leaks there now (had a tiny trickle there before I believe) - refilled the fresh tank again to overfilled and micro pulse is showing full

Made sure all water lines were filled including hot - (hot had a bunch of air)

Pump is off now and system pressurized

Dried off the area of the petcock really well

Will recheck everything in an hour - turn on pump (should not kick on pump I presume) and check the fresh tank valve area

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Gots a leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Is water leaking from the weep/drain holes in the black cover that surrounds the water tank?

I will check for sure momentarily

Assuming the pressure holds that would not rule out a leak from the fresh tank valve ? I am sure it was leaking yesterday - but perhaps it was not in the uber correct precise location

Old 10-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
You've probably seen it already, but there's another thread active right now about replacing the drain valve on the freshwater tanks (in case yours is leaking).

Old 10-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Just joined that thread and I think I'll have that access panel off to look at the small hose that attaches the petcock to the FW tank

Good news is - no loss of pressure - hours later the pump when turned on does not kick on at all

I believe at this point is that most of my "loss" at this point may have been just some funny readings with the micropulse - the leak from the petcock appears to be very slow - I put a pitcher under it and 2 hours later there was maybe 2 tablespoons worth

Old 10-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post

I believe at this point is that most of my "loss" at this point may have been just some funny readings with the micropulse - the leak from the petcock appears to be very slow - I put a pitcher under it and 2 hours later there was maybe 2 tablespoons worth

Hmmmm... You said this is your first time boondocking... you might want to check and review with other family members just how much water they used while washing, flushing the toilet, washing and rinsing dishes, etc. Conserving energy and water becomes paramount while boondocking compared to having full hookups! (And I'd still check that shower hose to make sure that faucet and valve are really turned all the way off).
Old 10-06-2014, 12:17 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Do you have to cut an access hatch to get at the clamps behind the valve. Saw a 2015 Airstream video and they are still using these stupid valves. I guess I'm lucky, mine hasn't broken or leaked but it's probably due.
On ours... no; simply remove the two screws and the valve comes out. It has a connection on the rear to some flexible water tubing that may have loosened and allow water leakage.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:01 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Very little water use - Friday into Saturday it was just a buddy and myself - no showers - no dish washing at all - drank a few bottles of water - brushed teeth

By mid Saturday I noticed the apparent loss per micropulse and was perplexed and wife and two kids arrived mid day Saturday and there was no showers - no dishes - only use of the toilet 5-6 times

When we left the micropulse read I had a bit less than 1/4 tank

I am going to soon test the calibration of that unit

Just looked out there this AM - fresh tank shows full and system still pressurized....now I'm feeling silly

Definately am going to look at the valve though - it's def a tiny leak