Old 05-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
What is the Special Tool?

Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
As an option Kelvin, you might consider Sharkbite fittings as opposed to using the crimping tool (many times you run into a tight space where crimping is hard, if not impossible).

These fittings, along with a cutting tool will are also very forgiving. With Sharkbite, you can (with a special inexpensive tool) make small adjustments in your plumbing fit. In other words, Sharkbite fittings can be removed over and over........
I haven't used these and it would be good to have in the toolbox (anywhere).

Any other suggestions for tools (ie cutting) that would help?

Sav'h Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
So I worked on the leak at the flexible hose where its connected to the PEX. The flexible hose was leaking at the barbed female fitting. It was crimped on. How do you get those crimps off easily. I used a pair of cutters but it was difficult. The brass fitting screws onto a male plastic fitting and the other side of the plastic fitting a PEX female connector.

I decided to replace the brass fitting but of course Home Depot didn't carry it. The have everything but what you need. I decided to use a hose clamp instead of buying a crimper.

Unfortunately I removed the brass fitting from the plastic fitting before going to Home Depot so I re-used the brass fitting and an put it back on the plastic fitting with plumbers tape. Put it on the system and presurized the pump. No leaks like before but an hour later a leak. Now its leaking out between the gray and brass fitting. Will attempt again tomorrow. Nothing is easy anymore.

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote