Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We spend 6 months year in our Airstream and have found scale from hard water building up throughout the plumbing system in our first trailer. Taking a tip from a full-timer we bought a portable RV water softener from Camping World when we got the new trailer and have had virtually none since. It also produces luxurious water for washing.

Would also recommend a water filter for the hookup hose outside your trailer. Campground water supply is often loaded with sand, scale, and such that can damage your faucets and valves, and load up your faucet screens.

doug k

dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
Nellysford , Virginia
Doug offers good advice above ... AND I replaced the charcoal filter on our external water filter unit three weeks ago, but did NOT run it long enough to fully clear the "little black specs" from the filter. I hooked it in to our system and found the specs in our sinks. It also gummed up our kitchen faucet, similar to yours. Some compressed air and some back-flushing and all is well again. Lesson Learned for Me.

Greg and Linda Heuer
'99 Excella 30 w/HAHA - The Silver Otter
'08 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6 DuraMax
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Originally Posted by JamuJoe View Post
We have the same trailer, and my gallery faucet is a Moen F87254 as per page F-15 of the owners manual. I looked it up today because side spray is leaking at the chrome plastic sprayer.
JJ, I had an issue with the bracket that holds the water filter. They said, no problem you've got a lifetime warranty on the faucet and all related products. They sent a replacement immediately.

Give 'em a call. Bet they replace the sprayer, ricky ticky.
2013 25 FC FB (Twin)
2013 Suburban 2500

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2010 27' FB International
La Crescent , Minnesota
All who responded to my request--Thankyou!
We finally were able to leave SE Arkansas (we had a 3 day ice storm) where we had Internet in the State Park. The Internet in the Louisana Park is down and we finally got to a McDonald where I am able to respond.
While in Arkansas there was were freezing temperatures. I left the galley faucet just barely on over night to prevent a freeze up of the system. This seemed to clear the system and it is now working properly.
I am trying to attach a picture of my filtration and water softening device that I built when we had a 22' Airstream. Our present trailer has never had untreated water in it.
Thanks Again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	176972  
mjayjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
mjay' that's a snazzy water treatment plant you have there. Smart move. We just put our filter then softener in line with the hoses. I put quick disconnects on the softener for recharging.

We had cold temps in Tucson this week, 17 degrees one night, well below freezing several nights. I thought it best to disconnect the water and let the spigot run outside. My concern is that the sewer connections or hose could ice up, freeze, and a running faucet would overflow the tank into the trailer while we were sleeping. Maybe not but the possibility is there.

doug k

dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote