Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
north vancouver , British Columbia
Furnace air control

Could not find a sub forum on furnaces so i\I am posting here.
Any tips on controlling air flow from front to rear of trailer. I have a '98 28Ft excella and have lots of warm air in the front seating area but not enough in the rear bedroom area. I have checked all hoses and am not finding any restriction. There are two outlets at the front near the door and only one in the bedroom area. The furnace is located uner the stove and that is the shortest path to the front.
Is air controll regulated y closing off the front vents?
Cauuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
I'm not familiar with your model Airstream. My 2007 doesn't have any dampers in the system to divert the air flow within the trailer. I was having a problem with very little air flow to the bathroom vent and I just installed replacement vents from my Airstream dealer that allow me to adjust or shut off the flow in one area so that the heated air goes to the vent in the area I need more heat.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Mine is the same way. I can control my vents by closing the louvers, which restricts air flow and allows a bit more warm air to reach the rear bedroom area. My trailer has metal ductwork, rather than the round, coiled vents on modern trailers, and I know ther ios one section that is a l;ittle crushed that might be restricting a bit of the air flow. I need to get in there and get that sorted out. Regardless, my trailer heats up pretty fast once I turn the furnace on, which I did this morning. It was cold on the North Shore!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote