Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Dunedin , Florida
Fresh Water Tank

I bought my AS used and have the manual, but am unclear on how to fill the fresh water tank. I thought by connecting to the city water supply, it would fill the tank too. I'm beginning to think now the manual filler is the only way to fill the tank. Can someone tell me if I am correct? Thanks!
mshamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
The only way to fill the fresh water tank is via the fresh water inlet, what you refer to as the manual filler I hope, not the city water connection. The pump has a checkvalve that will prevent water from flowing back into the tank while you're hooked up to city water pressure. It's designed that way, to prevent from overfilling the tank while connected to city water.

Chris
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Long Beach , California
My 1967 22' Safari has two options for filling the water tank. One method is using the outside fill spout. A garden hose, fill bucket, etc. will work for this. The other method is when the trailer is hooked up to a trailer park faucet. I must open a valve to allow water to flow and fill the tank. I remove the exterior fill spout cap, which allows the spout to act as an overflow, and I can hear the water spilling onto the ground when the tank is full, (even sitting inside the trailer). I then close the gate valve, put the fill cap back on, and I'm good to go with a full tank of fresh water!
helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Dunedin , Florida
Thanks so much for the quick replies and answerning my question!
mshamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Just to be clear, your model year does not allow filing of the fresh water tank by the method described by helmsman (from the city water hookup). That feature was available on some earlier models. Your only option with a 2005 is to fill through the fresh water inlet.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote