Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #41
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Living in an arid climate. I would consider grey water a blessing when applied in moderation. And I'm pretty sure the plants would be very grateful.
Apples and oranges…

Laws and regulations concerning the discharge of polluted water (including gray water and black water) are not just writen for the protection of plants. They are mainly written for the protection of people and animals who drink water, and are aimed at preventing the dirty water from ending up in any source of drinking water. If you only discharge into areas where the water won't run off into a river or lake that critters drink from, then there probably isn't any harm. Doing the same thing right beside a scenic river, on the other hand…
Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #42
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
We actually dumped gray eater under the trailers at the Airstream Homecoming I attended at the plant about 6 years ago. I still have my sewer cap with the hose fitting and the short piece of garden hose that I used at that rally. I have used it several times since where permitted, including, if I remember correctly, a region rally.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Bay Area , California
I would think that if you intend to dump gray water on the ground —*in certain situations— (which will make its way back to the water system), to just be mindful of what you're putting in your gray tank. I'd be less concerned about bacteria and smells as what harmful chemicals and additives are also in that water. Conventional dishsoaps are made from petroleum (such an irony washing off oil-soaked animals with Petroleum-based Dawn!). I don't want that stuff seeping into the ground, so I buy soaps, etc. that'll do less damage. Seventh Generation is now commonly available at Target and many grocery stores. It smells better, too, and is kinder to dishwashing hands (I actually use it as handsoap as well).
KerriO is offline   Reply With Quote