Old 07-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
Cyclone Waste Vents

I installed Cyclone waste vents on my '75 Tradewind. Bought them on Amazon for about $14 each. Painted them Aluminum and then the tips to match my (racing) stripes around the 'stream. These things work great. Will constantly vent your tanks removing any trace of odor from them. They rotate 360 degrees to keep the vent opening downwind at all times. There is a video on Youtube showing you how to install, but it is really straightforward and take only minutes to do. Plus they look cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3210671321.png
Views:	87
Size:	827.4 KB
ID:	136233   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2528124357.png
Views:	91
Size:	794.5 KB
ID:	136234  

onemanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Probably will come in handy at Burning Man - a guy used to work for us out here in Denver, went to Burning Man many times Canadian Russ ... I'm sure you've never heard of him, but he got quite involved with the stage setup and sound systems, and he made the coolest bicycle to ride around on in his kilt ... oh the tales, and what a hoot. LOL. Wendy

Jim D.
AIR # 56543 TAC# CO-10
StreamRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
I'm glad you brought this up as I've had a question but no one to ask. I had one of these on my previous TT as well as on my present one. In retrospect, I wonder how functional this really is. I understand how the Venturi principle works and coupled with a wind vane, this should allow a steady stream of air to exit whenever a breeze is blowing. My assumption is that it works only when the flush valve is open, which is a desirable thing but not quite what most of think happens.

As I understand the BW system, the roof vent permits an easy release for gas buildup, and then when the dump valve is opened is permits an inrush of air to allow the tank to empty freely. Would it not take a 2nd vent on the tank to permit a constant flow of air that is implied by the advertising?
AIR 47751
Air Safe Hitch, Reese Dual Cam 800#, Centramatics
Silver Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
Yankee Doodle I have a couple of comments and a question about your assumption...

First of all, houses have vents for their waste systems without having any 'holding tanks' to need flush valves, so I'm thinking that your assumption that it only works when the flush valve is open is false.

Secondly, there *are* two vents on the system. My '75 has one above the kitchen on one side, and above the bathroom in the back (on the other side of the trailer).

Lastly, I've been doing a lot of work on the top of my 'stream lately (going out to Burning Man and I want everything sealed) and I can certainly smell an odor from the rear Cyclone's vent. It's faint and "moldy-like" (my tanks are empty and have been flushed out). So I can certainly tell that an odor is venting without any flush valves open, etc. We used to occasionally have a whiff of something in the trailer. Nothing this weekend (we were at Pyramid Lake), but we only spent two nights in her.

I stand-by the statement they look cool!
onemanclan is offline   Reply With Quote