Old 06-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the two recent updates.

Guessing here -- did the plumbing work correctly last fall, and did you (or someone else) winterize the trailer's plumbing for the winter? Were the lines blown our thoroughly with compressed air?

If the winterization was not done right, a freeze-up may have cracked one or more of these IMO:

-- city water inlet and/or pressure regulator and/or check valve (if any)
-- shower valve assembly and/or exterior shower valve (if any)
-- OEM valve to fill tank while connected to city water (see below)

Does your 1986 AS have an OEM built-in valve that lets you fill the water tank when hooked up to city water? I would check your owner's manual, but the dealer should have known about this as a possibility IMO? If you don't have an owner's manual, we can find one online, so please advise.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- Could you post a photo of the city water connection, and any inside shots of it too? Is yours at the rear bumper street side?

Old 06-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by joevdb View Post
Update, not so clear cut:

Now unhooked city water, only using tank and pump, tried to use shower, water spilling again. Water ran out of the kitchen sink OK, but only a trickle from the shower while this leaking was underway.
Please hook up to city water again, and see if you also get the same leak at the shower. Something in your various descriptions seems inconsistent IMO.

In the earlier post you said everything worked OK using the pump:

Quote:
. . .
We used the pump, no issues, except the pump is LOUD.
. . .

First impression is that we are moving too fast here -- and jumping to conclusions without doing a slow and deliberate gathering of the facts of what is happening step-by-step.

Maybe focus on using the city water hooked up, leaving it on, and describing if any leaks appear WITHOUT using anything else. One step at a time?

Thanks,

Peter

Old 06-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Thanks Peter. We went through again. Using the pump whatsoever causes leaks. Using city water hookup leaks as well. Same symptom with an unidentifiable gusher above the fresh water tank pouring from the pan. We'll be contacting Jackson center. My patience for this project is at end. So frustrating. Balancing regrets and persistence at this point. My deepest thanks to all for your help. I will update when resolved so we can learn from each other.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Oh crap! Another lesson. I stopped using an inline filter because I drink bottled water. Much water on Atlantic Ocean campgrounds is safe but brackish. Didn't think that the pump would choke on it too.

Sigh, off to walmart. Paula
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Thanks Peter. We went through again. Using the pump whatsoever causes leaks. Using city water hookup leaks as well. Same symptom with an unidentifiable gusher above the fresh water tank pouring from the pan. We'll be contacting Jackson center. My patience for this project is at end. So frustrating. Balancing regrets and persistence at this point. My deepest thanks to all for your help. I will update when resolved so we can learn from each other.
Thanks for the update. Sorry for the continuing troubles. Jackson Center is quite a ways away from you. Is there a closer RV service center that might be OK? You could start a new thread here asking for recommendations in your area. There are lots of good (non-dealer) AS mechanics, but many of them are found only through word-of-mouth. We found one nearby from a couple of threads here, and our first (and only) service with them was great.

Good luck!

Peter
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Sometimes on thirty year old trailers it's very, very difficult to solve a problem. Too many years and miles make things brittle and prone to fail. Good luck.