Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
TP, PP and PooPoo testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Twenty five years plus of trailer camping, and never, none, 0 issues with tp down the toilet.

That's enough evidence for me.

Mike

Mike.... it is not the toilet paper that is the issue. You are correct. Your observations down the 'observation hatch' agree with our extensive research. I also have ZERO toilet paper issues.

I also have ZERO everything else issues to mention.

A scientific survey has shown that Dometic toilets:

1- Flushes with too little water to assist gravity and hydraulic stool softening.
2- Trailers parked at one location for more than four days, under normal occupancy and consistent use of toilet will create an uneven distribution of solids within the tank.
3- Adding Toilet Paper is no different than adding cement to sand, and with a little water to create 'magic mountain' once chemically bonded.
4- Twenty-five years of research is two months short of being accurate and acceptable. You need to retest and not waver from accepted toilet testing methods. You may restart your study today.

This scientific survey was tested at various Forest Service Campsites and new Airstreams on display on dealer's lots and RV Shows using a strict code of silence by experienced testers representing Moe TP and Not Moe TP testers.

Would other 'silent TP Testers' please come forward and explain your technical observations of correct TP, PP and PooPoo techniques? Your assistance is needed to demonstrate that many Airstream owners are being mislead to believe that Toilet Paper, aka Toilet Tissue is at fault for all Black Water complaints.

Your fellow Airstream owners depend on accurate and detailed observations. Myself... excluded.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Black Tank and Toilet Paper disposal...

We don't dookie in our trailer when not hooked to a sewer connection unless it is a dire emergency.

There will be no storage of used dookie paper... It is going down the tubes.

My trailer was built using a residential toilet that is plumbed directly to the discharge connection and also to the tank, not directly into the tank.

There will be no mountain of poop under my toilet, and no dry flushes that will cause cement like conglomerations.

I frequently add chlorine bleach to my black tank, which pretty much obliterates the Scott single ply paper as well as all odor.

My black tank fills after 8 full flushes... Which works for my usage.

Superat stultitia.

J. Morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Vintage Airstream Owner testing options - pre 1980 models:

1- Newsprint, aka newspaper, TV Guides and newspaper sale inserts are considered 'standard TP for PP and PooPoo' testing.
2- You must have 20:20 vision in one eye to qualify as a Quality Control Advisor. This is required for 'down the hatch observations'. Photos are not acceptable, only eye witness reporting.
3- Any Airstream without a grey water tank is deemed unqualified to meet the TP, PP and PooPoo standards of testing.
4- Modern TP made after 1980 is not permitted as a test material as older Airstreams are made to support harsher options as reported earlier.

Don't I have other more pressing issues to keep busy?

No. My job is to keep all my and your options open to serious discussion. Now I can go work on my Equal-i-zer Hitch washer adjustment which is a minor distraction from my Scientific Work and grease removal from my white 'I Love Vegas' tee shirt.

I get all excited when finding more Toilet Paper threads. It gets me all rolled up, double ply with flower print... happy.

As you can tell, we do take all toilet tissue issues under consideration as these discussions appear frequently on these Forums. I am more concerned more with 'Barbed vs. Barbless Fishing Hooks' and will discuss those as a substitute on THIS thread for serious discussion towards solving dental issues among large Brown Trout in Idaho.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I don't know the exact configuration of the tank in the Interstate, tho it seems to have two levels, and the one that is immediately beneath the emptying valve is where things...ahem...can accumulate.

I have ordered small, lavender scented trash bags, which will be hung inconspicuously in my tiny wet bath, and used to deposit dry materials for later disposal.

Maggie
Old 05-18-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
Airstreamer In Training

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
This is what we use. And it was mostly to keep my dog out of the wastebasket, which he had a nasty habit of getting into. It keeps the odors in check also. And it matches the outside skin of my AS. Perfection.

http://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Ro...h+can+with+lid
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2013 Cadillac Escalade Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That's what I would use....if I had room.

These bags I ordered are small, thin, and inexpensive....$3.30 for 75 bags at Home Depot.

Maggie
Old 05-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Newspaper bags reign over other options!

Wow... big spenders here for plastic bags.

We keep all of the plastic newspaper wraps delivered six days a week for Canine Poo Poo Puree use. If we give it a fancy French name... it becomes a more elegant procedure and it improves my eye and hand coordination at my elevated age. You do not want to miss your targeted items.

You can also stuff PP PooPoo TP into these bags and they can be tied into knots and be hermetically sealed. This is scientific technical terminology being used.

Those that live in a desert environment and get only 'rubber bands' must have to figure out how to use those efficiently. Maybe after dehydration before use... DBU.

As luck would have it, only those with the acumen of saving quarters to become dollars can understand that being frugal is more important than stuffing those dollars into a trailer's black tank. We paid for our Airstream in those dollars. Not those used and stuffed, but those saved by being frugal. A handful of cents and nickels are not a very good option.

I still pick up One Cent clad coins when spotted. Canadian cents and nickels are better and worth more than face value for their metal content. The deluxe bags used by Maggie and FCStreamer can easily hold $25 in valuable cash, versus US or Canadian paper currency which are not worth the paper to... well, not worth as much in weight.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I only get the Sunday papers, and they are not wrapped, tho I do save produce bags for doggie doo-doo.

If I'm going to have it hanging in my bathroom, I'm going to have to be able to stand to look at it.

Maggie
Old 05-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
There are some really, really good Black Water tank problems 'filling up' the Forum. They are a must read, but like myself... you need to restrain yourself from adding any sensitive humor to the... pot.

In the Netherlands in the early 1960's, as a kid who could be flexible... they had Chamber Pots or you could just do Number one out the window onto the grassy areas below. They still used out houses since Napoleon was looking for more resume material. For other options I did use the out house.

Last time we visited the homestead, they had sewers and flushers. Wow. I do miss those days as a kid. And, I do not recall having a shower but used the same techniques at the homestead as we still do while camped in our Airstream. The shower is for storing extra pillows and blankets.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Milford Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
WHY even dump toilet paper down your stool in the first place?
Well, there's your problem right there.

If you've got toilet paper in your stool you're doing it wrong.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRoberts View Post
Well, there's your problem right there.

If you've got toilet paper in your stool you're doing it wrong.
At first I had a question mark over my head thinking this one over.

You are really Clever! I give you five stars just for befuddling me for a bit. Does not happen often.

Some may have the sequence wrong from reading the instructions on the packaging, must be your point. Obvious to us, those with problems have toilet paper in their stool and could easily correct the situation by getting the sequence of steps, changed.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:10 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
brooklyn park , Minnesota
tp troubles

There is one small black tank in a 65 caravel, and no space to move to if it plugs then smells! In Venice and also any Greek island, it is a violation of local ordinance to put TP down the toilet; you could back up the entire city! so I have decided that to be nicer to my airstream, and my up north septic system and to my partners more sensitive nose, and be like a greek island and bag all my used TP. those of you who have never had a problem, good on you. You are a very small club in the rv world. I always sit down for #1, because I cleaned school bathrooms for 26 yrs, and I can tell ya, guys can't aim worth a darn! joe q
Old 05-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

Powder Springs , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
At first I had a question mark over my head thinking this one over.

You are really Clever! I give you five stars just for befuddling me for a bit. Does not happen often.

Some may have the sequence wrong from reading the instructions on the packaging, must be your point. Obvious to us, those with problems have toilet paper in their stool and could easily correct the situation by getting the sequence of steps, changed.
Having stool filled tp would eliminate any wiping, yes?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

Powder Springs , Georgia
An old timer recently suggested adding a bag of ice to the black tank following dumping. Gonna give that a try next time we're out and about.

Bug