Old 08-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #29
1973 27' Overlander
Toledo , Ohio
Hello all. I am remodeling a '73 Overlander and have purchased a Natures Head toilet. I have had one on my sailboat for 5 years and like it a lot. I have friends that have the Air Head and when you put the two side by side the Air Head looks like a garage-built prototype. I find no real difference in the operation - have to remove the urine container in both. The Natures Head seems to be a more advanced design and constructed better with better materials.

milroth49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #30
Rivet Master
1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
That's good to know. The only reason I was leaning towards the Air Head is that the content of the waste container doesn't get exposed, if I understand correctly, with that model.

andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #31
Rivet Master
1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
That was my take on the Nature's Head vs the Air Head. Then NH was the better looking of the two and the appeared to be the better made.

Livnlightly, re composting heat: I totally get that the heat generated by decay kills pathogens, but it's not always assured that it gets that hot, and some are worse than others.
Wherever you go, there you are
Globie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Denver , Colorado
We are half way into our Air Head install. To get the AH lower to the floor we sawed off the black tank standpipe from the watered toilet and the vent stub up to the vent pipe. Covered both holes with flashing, caulk, duct tape. Left black tank in place. Having trouble splicing into hot wires that go down under the black tank - purple and white run the lights; these wires are not switched which is what I need to keep the muffin fan going 24X7. The little "splicing" gizmo I bought from Home Depot just isn't making contact; I may resort to wire nuts but don't know if they'll hold up long term with all the vibration?
Should be fully operational after a day of labor on Labor Day weekend. Sigh; so we won't be going out in the AS for that holiday.

While the differences between NH and AH seem to sound more like the "Ford" vs. "Chevy" discussions in my younger years, each have their plus and minus points and we considered both. We thought the removal of the liquids bottle and the solids tank was easier with the AH. Plus because AH doesn't need to tilt to empty the solids we could fit it a wee bit closer to the back wall. On paper, at least.

Jim and Marsha
"Stream of Consciousness"
AIR #35886
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote