Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
'89 Excella 25' plumbing ?

A couple of questions came up while poking around our 89 Excella this weekend;

The manual clearly states all Excella have a black tank rinse connection, either a “Y” at the city water inlet or a separate connection street-side. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything. Anyone else find one on a 1980’s vintage 25’?

The manual also states that all Excella will have an in-line filter. On the 25’ it is supposed to be accessible through the street-side rear hatch. I can’t find any filter but there is a second hot water heater bypass through a square ball-valve (silver and blue) marked “bypass” and “normal” this is just after the city water connection and before the hot water heater. This is not mentioned in the manual, but the bypass inside the wardrobe is, of course, mentioned in the manual. Why have 2 hot water by pass valves? Does anyone else have this one in the rear? That way it is mounted, on a piece of plywood against the bulkhead, almost looks like this may have been where the fresh water filter was? Maybe the PO removed the filter and put another bypass?

Thanx, Bill

Old 05-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Bill, our Excella 25 is just a year older than yours, and there is no mention of a tank rinse facility in the manual, and none is fitted to the trailer, unfortunately.
I suspect you are correct that the second water pipe bypass was in the cold line, to bypass an in-line filter to enable it to be changed for a fresh one.
Nick.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
Bill, our Excella 25 is just a year older than yours, and there is no mention of a tank rinse facility in the manual, and none is fitted to the trailer, unfortunately.
I suspect you are correct that the second water pipe bypass was in the cold line, to bypass an in-line filter to enable it to be changed for a fresh one.
Nick.

Thanx Nick,

hmmm...wonder why PO removed the filter?
Pressure drop maybe?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Exeter , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTex
A couple of questions came up while poking around our 89 Excella this weekend;

The manual clearly states all Excella have a black tank rinse connection, either a “Y” at the city water inlet or a separate connection street-side. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything. Anyone else find one on a 1980’s vintage 25’?

The manual also states that all Excella will have an in-line filter.
I have an 89 32' Excella and it does not have a black tank rinse connection, but the owners manual states that it has one. My Excella has a water filter located in the bottom of the vanity in the bathroom. I have a single lever bypass valve located in the street side storage compartment near the water heater.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
Portland , Oregon
I also have an 89 25' Excella

I do have a black water rinse inlet clearly marked on the street side just above the drains about 2' up.

I also have the bypass valve in the rear access compartment and an inline water filter (this filter is too long for the compartment and is a pain to relace the filters).
John 1:12 But as many as receive him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Life is too short, spend time with God and family.

Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
The consistency of AS manufacturing never ceases to amaze me!

Hey Grey-how bout' a pic?