Old 05-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Forest , Illinois
2007 Safari undercarriage valves

I am leaving for an extended trip home to Illinois.I have 3 small turncock type valves under the trailer. One is white and I have it closed as water would leak out if I did not close it. In the same area is another small brass valve that also must be closed. My PROBLEM is the 3rd small brass turncockthat is the most forward toward the hitch-I can not turn it either way and do not want to force it. I pressured the system and nothing is leaking. What is the purpose of the most forward valve?Should I just leave it as is? I plan to leave tommorrow and wonder if I should delay my trip and find an AS dealer.

woodedareas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1972 31' Sovereign
, Ohio
There are three valves under your trailer one which is on the side of your tank is your Fresh water tank drain valve. The other two are your hot and cold low point drain valve. These would be the brass petcock style. These can be opened to drain any water in your system when not in use or during your winterizing procedures.

JPAIRSTREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Blaine , Washington
The white valve is your fresh water tank drain valve. If water comes out when you open it, it means that you are draining your fresh water tank, which you should do when you are not using the trailer for several weeks. Otherwise, keep it closed. When you are ready to drain all the water systems, probably in late Oct. or Nov. in your part of the country, you might have a service place look at it and open the valves for you if they are stuck. Other than that, go on your trip. You should have no problems with these valves.
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Forest , Illinois
Thanks for the advice.The most forward valave is stuck and I did not want to force it. Since nothing is draining it would be logical to assume its closed. So I hope.I will be departing Arizona on my way to Illinois and its best to be careful. Thanks to all.
woodedareas is offline   Reply With Quote