Old 08-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Addison , Addison
Angry 2006 29' gulf stream Fema Rv needs holding tanks help

i picked up a gulf coast rv and need advise bad!! I keep mind i am at a year round rv,fish and hunt club, that i am a member of. The problem is ,Is there is know holding tanks just a 8 gal hot water tank. and the club has no direct hookup. The RV is in good shape... today i cleaned one side with simple green worked good. I also siliconed everything that can leak...I used about 8 tubes just to be safe i had it in the rain already and no leak so i wanted to do a preventative measure...but as of now im just a (dry camper)
im also going to ad windows and airbrush it and make it look like a nice Rv and it is. I NEED HELP WITH THE TANKS!!!!! I am handy i can do the work myself, I just dont know anything really!!!

Like how many tanks i need 3 ?

where do i place them?

what size tanks do i need?

Do i need to add another hook up for the new tanks the one now says city water . and if i had hook up it would run and flush both.

how big of a pump do i need?

what about gages?

where can i find a diagram?

This seems to be everyones problem with a fema camper only most have direct hook up I do not!! i have to fill and drain into the blue wagon.
oh and is formaldehyde really an issue? i do have kids?
so Can you help? if you can i will record the whole process and put it on youtube and share the info so people don't get robed by well just get robed

Anthony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
You have purchased a trailer intended and designed for static installation. It is not a travel trailer, like and Airstream. It will cost a considerable amount to redesign and rebuild it. it may cost more than selling it and buying a trailer that was designed for the usage that you intend. You might approach the original manufacturer of the trailer and ask them if they have previously offered a trailer like yours more intended for the usage that you intend. They may have the parts to convert it to your usage or you might be able to take it back to their factory for retrofitting.

dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums. While this forum is intended for Airstreams, and other aluminum trailers, and the folks that are here are most knowledgeable about Airstreams, but we don't turn anyone away. Again, welcome to the!
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
There are cases about health risks with older FEMA trailers. I believe it is about out gassing of the materials used in the manufacturing of those units. Go to Google and read up on it to gain more info.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote