Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Ballston Spa , New York
1986 Sovereign Water Leak? Hot Water Heater ?

This is my first Airstream (25' center bath) and I was able to fill the water tank this past Wednesday with temps in NY finally above freezing. When I turned on the water pump and tried each respective faucet, the bath sink and shower seemed to have a good solid flow and the pump ran regularly while both were on. The kitchen sink however only delivered a dribble of water and the pump stuttered while the tap was open. I have not been able to seen any visible leaks under the sink area or feel water dripping down the piping immediately accessible through the cabinet rear panel.

First question, does anyone have a suggestion of where (and how) to check in the system next please?

Second, a brand new hot water heater (electric and gas) was just installed and the light on the interior panel does not illuminate under either selection, although there does seem to be a faint noise coming from the heater unit when I checked outside. Even after half an hour there was no hot water coming into the bath area taps. Is there something I need to do to 'prime' the heater for first time use? Or does the heater not working properly have anything to do with the apparent leak/situation mentioned above? Other?

If there's any member in the Ballston Spa/Saratoga Springs NY or other local area with trailer expertise I'd be most willing to compensate you for consulting time too. This is my full time tiny house for the spring and summer so it would be nice to be fully functional soon

Thank you for your suggestions and information!
Laurie
Luna18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign