Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
GatlinDave

1966 20' Globetrotter
Orlando , Florida
My first time on the forum

Hello folks
I'm a newbie Airstream owner, and looking forward to learning from all of you. I doubt I'll have much to contribute in the early going, as I know next to nothing at this point other than what I've read! We have our first "shakedown cruise" planned for the end of June, beginning of July, so I'm trying to learn all I can prior to then!
I have a 1966 Globetrotter in relatively good condition(bought in NC in May, towed it back to Orlando..). Right now she's at the shop for a wheel bearing packing and brake job.
I'm missing pages from the original manual (the previous owner provided), mainly on stove, water heater and water system operation, so I hope to find info on how to operate these somewhere on the forum.
Most of what I've learned already has been from this forum, and I look forward to being a part of it all....
Gatlin Dave
GatlinDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Welcome to the Forums, Dave. There is a wealth of information and the search function works very well.

See you down the road.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
1970 21' Globetrotter
Hamilton , Montana
Welcome fellow Globetrotter!
gdod25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:15 AM   #4
GatlinDave

1966 20' Globetrotter
Orlando , Florida
Thanks

Thanks you all. Looking forward to the ride. This week I'm "learning" the gas and water systems, hoping not to blow myself up, and beginning a polish job with the product Nuvite recommended to me, the G6 Nushine. Guess I know what I'll be doing the next hundred or so hours!
GatlinDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Welcome. Keep an open mind, a thin skin. Feel free to comment as often as you want. Enjoy this circus, more info here than one can use. Be objective in your decision. But most of all, CAMP. Have a good time. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #6

1965 20' Globetrotter
Elverson , PA
Hi Gatlin Dave! We too just purchased a vintage Airstream--a real beauty! She's a 1965 Globetrotter. It's not the exact same model, but it may have similar systems. Like you, ours came with most, but not all of the owners manual. If you'd like to exchange some info on what pages you have and need, we can do the same. Then we could make copies of what the other needs and mail to one another?
Brent Erb is offline   Reply With Quote