Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
'69 & '70 GT vs '71 Bath layout

I am looking at both at 1970 and a 1971 21' GT and wanted some opinion from the forum. The 1969 and 1970 GT both have the rear/side wet bath design, which was a change from '68. Airstream then went back to an across-the-rear layout of the bathroom in 1971. Is there any technical advantage to one layout over the other, or is it just a matter of taste. Did AS go back to the rear design because of some readily apparent performance issue? I have been reluctant to go with these models as I am not a fan of the wet-bath, but I find myself drawn to them nonetheless.
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Its just personal preferance. I am converting my rear bath 71 to a curb side wet bath. We are also putting in a dedicated bed accross the back where the original bath was and moving the galley to the street side. We are gaving up a hugh bath for a hugh bed. The 6 cubic foot fridge will be aft of the entry door. A dinette will be forward.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1969, 1970, 1971, bath, globetrotter