Old 01-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
UUggghhhh... Ducks. Cannot play undisciplined football and just expect the other team to hand a championship to them! That's what happens when a team plays "not to lose", instead of "playing to win".
I appreciate'cha looking at my progress... I have a TON of pics to upload, since my last post. I should probably get to that, huh? I'd love to take a look at what'cha got or to lend a hand/feedback where I can.
What plans, ma'am? Can you send them to me, via email? If so: Jonrucker@hotmail.com
I WILL have my AS ready by this spring! I had been balancing four projects over this past year ('62 Lincoln Continental Convertible, '71 Ford F100 pick-up, '70 Volvo Penta lake boat, and my '68 Globetrotter), but have now dedicated ALL my time to the AS.
Wish me luck...
Ruck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jemima and tonto.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	230313  

Old 01-13-2015, 12:20 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
Progress pics, coming right up...
For this first set, I took off the old Airstream plate (removed front and back), cleaned really good with soap and water, then dried. Took painter's tape (the yellow is REALLY sticky, so thought this would be the best for what I was trying to accomplish) and covered all areas I wanted to "show through" with aluminum (i.e. "Airstream" letters and thin border). Used a straight edge and cut through, leaving the tape. Painted entire tag in three coats of blue. I am not a purist and could care less if the "color" is a PERFECT match, or not. It is a GOOD, CLEAN look and really pops...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2321.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	230318   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2322.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	230319  

Name:	IMG_2326.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	230320  

Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
I removed that tired, old Dometic (with a freezer that could hold a pack of hot dogs and not much more) and installed a newer RV 'fridge I found on Craigslist. A nice set-up the runs on propane (I wont hook-up), 12v, and 120v. I took out the door panels, painted the trim sage green (my highlight color) and inserted stainless steel for the door panels.
Also, I installed a small microwave and stripped/painted the same color combo.
**When I re-wired the 120v circuits, I intentionally created three stand-alone circuits: 1. A/C, 2. Microwave, and 3. Fridge.**
On the entry wall I mounted my brand new electrical center, complete with hard-wired WHOLE TRAILER surge protection. This unit is actually pretty cool because it tells me the input voltage, and how much current (amps) my trailer is drawing at a glance... Also, gives visual errors if input wiring is deficient (poor ground, reverse polarity, etc).
Above the control center I installed a panel of six toggles (one will be for my porch light, one for the water pump, and another for the interior under cabinet lights. Any suggestions for the other two?)
I built a sturdy foundation for the sink and stove; stove will have a small cabinet under it.
Also, since I installed an instant water heater in the bathroom closet (same wall as stove), I installed a t-connector on the propane input line and plumbed-in a Humphrey gas light. I loved the "vintagey look" of the original AS Power center, so I gutted the internals (except the light, 12v & 120v outlets) and have hidden storage... just in case.
I found a couple fellas on this forum who had extra cabinets parts they weren't using; I built upper cabinets (over stove top and above/around microwave) and think they'll look really cool when all's said and done.
Ruck
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Interior new4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	230325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior new3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	230326  

Name:	Interior new2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	230327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior new.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	230328  

Old 02-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Slidell , Louisiana
Send a message via ICQ to geekgrrrl Send a message via AIM to geekgrrrl Send a message via Skype™ to geekgrrrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucksta View Post
On the entry wall I mounted my brand new electrical center, complete with hard-wired WHOLE TRAILER surge protection. This unit is actually pretty cool because it tells me the input voltage, and how much current (amps) my trailer is drawing at a glance... Also, gives visual errors if input wiring is deficient (poor ground, reverse polarity, etc).
What is the info on the electrical center? Our univolt and command center may need upgrading.... or should I say definitely need upgrading.

AIR member 94157
geekgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
I installed this power converter with distribution panel: WFCO 35 AMP POWER CONVERTER CHARGER WITH DISTRIBUTION PANEL
It is a TOTAL upgrade for the 120v and 12v systems... Smart controller for battery trickle charge. In addition, I also installed a PI Surge Protector: EMS-HW30C
Probably overkill, but it makes me feel better about it.
Ruck
Old 02-04-2015, 02:41 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
How does that power center compare with this one?
Inteli-Power 4045

I used it in my last trailer (64 Bambi II) and was planning to use another in my 55 FC but yours is cheaper and perhaps more versatile. How diffcult to install? Good instructions?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
Cheaper on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/WFCO-WF-8735-P...ustomerReviews
Old 02-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BambiTex View Post
How does that power center compare with this one?
Inteli-Power 4045

I used it in my last trailer (64 Bambi II) and was planning to use another in my 55 FC but yours is cheaper and perhaps more versatile. How diffcult to install? Good instructions?
I would have to say your personal experience is probably the best guide going... If you installed/used one in your last trailer then you're probably familiar/comfortable with that one. Use it.
I couldn't tell you the reviews/differences between the two, but I'm certain there are a few blow-hards on here that are more than happy to tell you the Pros and Cons of every system, ever made!
It works for my little 'ol Globetrotter and was incredibly easy to install (I replaced my entire electrical, so I had a great idea of every circuit, wire, etc). Easy enough to figure out if adding to existing, too.
Ruck
Old 02-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
Mine is different than the one on Amazon...
Probably will work just fine, but it IS different.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Grants Pass , Oregon
It's been a while...

I'd love to see what others have done to their Globetrotters.
Post some before/after pics.
Ruck