Old 07-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
Currently Looking...
Norcross , Georgia
66 GT Penguin II AC Install In Rear Vent Opening?

I am a relatively new owner - we purchased a mostly original 1966 Globetrotter in March. I'm putting the finishing touches on installing an Atwood tankless water heater and now ready to install an AC unit.

I've checked with the AS factory and understand that the original wiring should be 71 inches back from the front rib. There are forum threads about installing AC units on freshly-cut holes (near the center of the GT roof but I would like to install my unit in the existing hole for the rear vent.

My plan is to buy a new Dometic Penguin II unit and rent scaffolding to help with placing it on the roof. (Iíve been quoted as much as $600 to install the unit at a service center so I am willing to give it a try)

Have any of you Globetrotter owners succeeded in installing an AC unit in the original rear vent opening and using the factory supplied wiring? If so, were you also able to install a drain line without too much trouble?
I would appreciate any shared comments, photos, diagrams, etc.
Aircody is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off