Old 11-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #1
GlamperGirl

'65 GT new floor plan ideas or examples

Why am I awake so early over analyzing this? You all know why.
AS fever.

This morning I write to you all from my 62 Aloha parked in my sisters driveway. My son is here with me for the first time. He said wow I really can sleep in this thing. He is 6'7".

Here is my early morning question. Has anyone moved and or expanded the bathroom? I don't want to use the full gaucho and was thinking hey this is an opportunity to reconfigure the bath and the closet. Reconfigure the gaucho to be a two seat dinette that drops to a bed? So many windows limit the flexibility. And I worry about weight distribution.

My gt has that old heater in between the gaucho and the dinette. That gives me 18". I am 5'10". My dinette appears to be an altered twin. Not useful at all. Any ideas on making that a drop table dinette and queen bed?

Hope you all have some holiday time off!

Good morning from my Oregon holiday!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1417007323.323025.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	434.2 KB
ID:	227392Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1417007561.940231.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	952.4 KB
ID:	227393

Old 11-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
I've recently pondered the same questions on my 21' '73 GT. I pretty much came to the conclusion that with a trailer this small, it is really tough to do any major reconfiguration (ie, moving the bathroom). I am working with a completely "blank canvas," as I have recently finished a shell-off, and have brand new floors and walls. So, the problem I encountered is all the holes in the walls. The water heater, refrigerator, and stove all have to be where they are unless I want to patch up vents and cut new holes (I have moved past the point of that being easy in my progress). The fact that I filled two bays under my floor with grey water tanks also limits where I could move the bathroom (for the sake of drains). The wheel wells do a pretty good job of getting in the way as well.

So, at the end of the day, my trailer will be laid out much the same as it was originally, only exception will be building a dinette/lounge in the front where there used to be a gaucho and fold-out table top.

good luck!

Old 12-01-2014, 12:37 AM   #3
GlamperGirl

Hi there, It felt so good to get that dinette out today! I was thinking that I may end up removing the gaucho. Extend the dinette to take up the 18" space the furnace was and a portion of the gaucho area. There is space for another cabinet/countertop area where I remove the gaucho. May create a set of drawers there. Grab a few inches to extend the bathroom to the edge of the window. I don't need two sinks so I am eliminating the interior of the bath and just making it a shower and toilet.

I must have a pony keg and tap in my kitchen! I am far away from all this happening but I like the idea exchange with you!
Many thanks

Dena
Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
The changes you describe sound achievable--keep us posted!