Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 1965 - 1969 Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Calgary , Alberta
I'M Back

Hi All,

I'm back. I stopped working in the airstream for a while, due to other projects, cirgury in my knee, work, winter among other reasons.

I'm ready to tackle my airstream now!

my deadline is 1 month from now, (last week of august)

let's see if I win the race!

cheers to all and hang on to your seats because is gonna be a fast ride!

cya

Carlos
CAAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Woodland Hills , California
I bought a '65 Globe and spent two years tricking it out. It came out encredible and has been in the LA Valley paper with lots photo's. What you really need to do is add a grey water tank. The stock blacK water is fine as far as size. Most of your waste water is potable and that should go into the grey water tank. You will need to drop the belly pan to install the grey tank. I went with a poly tank that fit perfectly over and then behind my axle. I replumbed everything and changed to Valterra fittings. My black water tank (mine was fiberglass) needed repair. The old cast iron fittings were all rusted and needed to be replaced. to get to mine I had to take out the entire bottom molded fiberglass section (bathroom is two moled pieces- a top section and a bottom). that was good as well, because I had to repair some of the fiberglass. I replumbed having all the two sinks and shower going straight into the new grey tank. I then plumbed toilet to black tank and black to it's own waste valve. I did this because a lot of national and state parks won't let you in without grey water tank. Their isn't much black tank waste and they don't want people dumping it with the potable water. hope this helps, kenny
kennyp315 is offline   Reply With Quote