Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2004, 07:24 AM   #1

Red face 1969 GT Value

We have found a 1969 GLobetrotter in fair condition and have agreed on a price of $2700. Does anyone know if this is reasonable? It needs some work, mostly cosmetic.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:29 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
GT Value

Greetings Rose!

Welcome to the Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
We have found a 1969 GLobetrotter in fair condition and have agreed on a price of $2700. Does anyone know if this is reasonable? It needs some work, mostly cosmetic.
The small, Vintage, single axle coaches tend to be the most valued by collectors so your negotiated purchase price may very well be in the ball-park. If you haven't already found the Price vs. Condition page on R J Dial's website, you might want to check out what is written there. The page provides some guidelines that will help to establish the comparative value of a given coach.

Something to keep in mind is that restoration/refurbishment costs can quickly add up - - especially if you are not a do-it-yourselfer. I am not a do-it-yourselfer and even with starting from a very nice original one-owner coach ('78 Minuet), just my interior restoration/refurbishment costs have been in the range of $5,000 (and this did not include replacements for the furnace or refrigerator as the originals have remained functional).

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

I think that sounds like a great price. I haven't seen one cheaper than that in any kind of reasonable shape. If you get it, be sure and post of pictures.
sibyrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Thumbs up

Sounds good to me. I picked up mine for $2600 five years ago and will finish the interior restoration this spring. But then again I wasn't in much of a hurry in the first place.
Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place for nearly all the info you'll need to fix it up. It's been a great help to me.
Good luck on the repairs, Tom.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:59 AM   #5

Smile 69 Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64
Greetings Rose!

Welcome to the Forums!

The small, Vintage, single axle coaches tend to be the most valued by collectors so your negotiated purchase price may very well be in the ball-park. If you haven't already found the Price vs. Condition page on R J Dial's website, you might want to check out what is written there. The page provides some guidelines that will help to establish the comparative value of a given coach.

Something to keep in mind is that restoration/refurbishment costs can quickly add up - - especially if you are not a do-it-yourselfer. I am not a do-it-yourselfer and even with starting from a very nice original one-owner coach ('78 Minuet), just my interior restoration/refurbishment costs have been in the range of $5,000 (and this did not include replacements for the furnace or refrigerator as the originals have remained functional).

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
Thank you for the plethora of information. Because of it we were able to make our purchase with confidence. When we got it home we found more things wrong than we anticipated, not surprisingly, so were glad that we didn't pay more. The next day a couple saw it from the highway two houses away, found our driveway, and asked to see it. They made an offer but not worth mentioning. But, wow! We are guardedly excited about the new venture, but are planning on using it as we redo it so part of the experience will be fun. Thanks again. Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #6
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Thank you for the plethora of information. Because of it we were able to make our purchase with confidence. When we got it home we found more things wrong than we anticipated, not surprisingly, so were glad that we didn't pay more. The next day a couple saw it from the highway two houses away, found our driveway, and asked to see it. They made an offer but not worth mentioning. But, wow! We are guardedly excited about the new venture, but are planning on using it as we redo it so part of the experience will be fun. Thanks again. Rose
Welcome and congradulations on your purchase. I am sure you will enjoy using your coach as you make renovations and repairs. Each time you take it out with something new or something repaired you will enjoy it even more. Keep us posted.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Hi Rose;

Sorry I missed your starting post on this Thread - was and still am really busy with publishing two books right now so I don't hang out too much.

But to think I almost missed a fellow GT69 - That makes 4 I know of and one possible on this forum.

We paid a nice round figure of 4500usd for ours - but then she was in pretty good shape - although Overlander64 is right the costs can still run a pretty penny when all is said and done. We were prepared to drop about 10K CND for a trailer - so we thought half on a vintage Airstream with the rest in refurbs might be a little more fun that buying newer SOB (simple oblique box - or some other brand)

I'm a gabber but love to help where I can - so feel free to fire off any questions - we have taken extensive photographs of our trailer from start to long time to come finish.

We are heading down to the Florida State Rally - Sarasota in a few weeks - stopping in at another fellow GT 69 owner on the way. maybe you might have a chance to visit a few days at the Rally - just say you are one of Quadruplets
Welcome to the forums - and remember NO question is a dumb one!

When can we see some pictures???? Post em quick so we can have a GT fix

It is always a blue sky when a GT 69 is close by!
Attached Images

05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote