Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
GRAPEVINE , Texas
1969 21'

I recently purchased a 1969 21ft Globetrotter, and I've been goggling info to see if I can buy interior parts. Does anyone know where or who makes parts like seats? Also anyone know a ball park price to get it polished? Thanks in advance
Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
What kind of seats? Gaucho fold-down sofa beds? Dinette benches? Leg-o-matic folding chairs?

Gauchos can often be repaired/adjusted and have new upholstery put on. I think most of the time unless you had the interior from another trailer, you'd just build a dinette up from raw stock. And Leg-o-matic chairs are often found on eBay, though not often with attractive prices.

As to polishing, I have only hearsay to offer... having a painted trailer I don't have to think seriously about polishing. My impression is that it's in the neighborhood of $125-$150 per linear foot to have someone else polish it. I know one guy who's an Airstream service professional who, having done some polishing, has decided it's not worth it for him to offer as a service even at the going rates, but I hear there are people who do it for fun and profit.

Oh, and welcome to the Forums... are you looking to upgrade a trailer that's usable? Or do you have a big project on your hands before you're ready to go camping? There are quite a few vintage trailers around the metroplex, and there are a few professionals scattered around who do good work on them.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
GRAPEVINE , Texas
thanks for the reply i just bought one its in pretty good shape. The only thing is the interior. When I bought it there is something missing to the right as soon as u walk in to the trailer. But it does have the Dinette bench along the other side. So Im guessing I need to look for the door side bench seating. Does it function as a bed as well? I've just seen pics online
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #4

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
someone more familiar with the model may have more definite things to tell you, but in general Airstream makes dinettes and couches in ways that are convertible to sleeping space. On my '75 Argosy, the table top adjusts down to sit on the edge of either dinette bench, and you move the back cushions onto the table top to make a double bed. Depending on how your table folds, it may fold out of the way and you do something else to make a bed with the dinette.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 08-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #5

london , Ohio
Smile missing bench

The right side smaller bench is missing. If you look at this link you will see it.

http://vintageairstream.com/photo-ar...otter-21/]1969 Globetrotter 21' - Vintage Airstream

The smaller bench has a flip up end that allows a small oblong cushion to be snapped on. This makes it as long as the other bench. The table does not become part of the bed, you just have 2 single beds.

If you need pictures I can send you some.
old hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
GRAPEVINE , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhen View Post
The right side smaller bench is missing. If you look at this link you will see it.

http://vintageairstream.com/photo-ar...otter-21/]1969 Globetrotter 21' - Vintage Airstream

The smaller bench has a flip up end that allows a small oblong cushion to be snapped on. This makes it as long as the other bench. The table does not become part of the bed, you just have 2 single beds.

If you need pictures I can send you some.
Please send pics shoelaces214@gmail.com.
Thank you
Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The URL just got a little garbled when oldhen was entering it. I took a guess and got the right URL:

1969 Globetrotter 21' - Vintage Airstream