Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2004, 05:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
*** ZenStream **

I read that thread about the artist in the desert- ZenStream thing, and had a couple of questions, 1) Does anyone have an update? Did the thing sell? 2) Did that asking price of 28K include the land? Where was it? I was at a total loss to understand the concept, and I'm an artist-wanna-be-, in mid-west Chicago suburbia. I would appreciate any thoughts any one might share.
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Smile Sorta Kinda relevant...not really

Intresting you brought this up...i had hopes to decorate my future Int'l CCD in a traditional Japanese decor...sorta a "Zenstream" if you will? Believe it or not it would save weight in the trailer...up to the point the mattress was replaced with the heavy cotton futon- oh well! The price of style.

JIK you were wondering- if you were to create your own, many of the products from Japan are complementery to Airstreaming and from the research i've done seem to not only work well, but enhance the trailers.

My plans are as parts wear out or opportunities to replace, repair or upgrade present- to subsitute where possable. In the end it should be "Kewl".
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Marina,

We received our "ordered" 22' CCD a few weeks ago. We've already had it re-upholstered, installed water filtration, redone the fridge vent fan, replaced the hokey factory mattress with an organic latex one made by Lifekind of Grass Valley, CA, and many other upgrades and changeouts. As great as the A/S's are, they are still chincey in some of the details.

Your Zen ideas sound wonderful.

X
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Wink ** NO NO NO It's not MINE!!! **

This Zen thing is NOT MY TRAILER.... I should have put the link in so everyone can see what I am talking about.

I, personally, don't have Zen ideas, I travel with a LOONY Jack Russell Terrier (distinctly non-Zen) and a bunch of pink flamingos.

You can see the dawg in the pet forum.

Go look at this story at :

http://www.farbelism.com/airstream/

Come back and leave your thoughts!
Old 05-22-2004, 07:28 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
My immediate thought...

..."Buy low, sell high".
Old 05-22-2004, 08:37 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodokk
..."Buy low, sell high".
Maybe that is what I have been doing wrong. My motto has been, "Buy high, sell low, make it up in volume..."
Terry
Old 05-25-2004, 08:10 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Just my two cents...

I had all sorts of "Zen" thoughts looking at the minimalist trailer in the "Zenstream" link. And IMHO- that's what it's designer was trying to achieve- "A minimalist approach to living." Zen = minimalist. She sort of lost me with the blender and the powerbook, but hey- it's not a monastery, or is it? Those minor transgressions can surely be overlooked and focus on the intent of the design.

My apology for seemingly adding to any confusion- i merely wanted to contribute my enthusiasm for such a concept as i sincerely doubt such an opportunity would persent it's self here or else where.

While my tastes are parallel in abstraction, my true love is minitureazation, function and technology with a sharp edge- a' la James (jane) Bond meets Tokyo via traditional austere "Edo" decor with the distinctive Air Stream flair- well, that and i have a computer problem i need to attend a "Twelve Step Group" for- it seems one is not enough!

Hopefully with the advent of the 64 bit micro processor and numerous "other" high tech goodies my dreams can become actualized in my soon to be Int'l CCD!

Thanks again for your patience- i hope you are able to locate the designer and the trailer. Were you intrested in using it as a studio? A place to live? It seems the location is in Arazona, if that helps?

Marina
Old 05-25-2004, 09:44 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Talking Zen ideas

Thanks again for your patience- i hope you are able to locate the designer and the trailer. Were you intrested in using it as a studio? A place to live? It seems the location is in Arazona, if that helps?

Marina[/QUOTE]

Thank YOU for your thoughts.. I am a hyper-active person and don't do well with order and mimimalism.. so appreciate the explanation...and HECK NO I was not looking to purchase that unit!!! You can find a REALLY GOOD unit that someone has loved and cared for, and minimalize it yourself.. which would be a LOT easierr to strip down than build up! Ask any rehabber!

I have a 1967 Ambassador we LOVE. Maybe I should contact NASA and try to extract 30K for my decorating ideas???
Old 05-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

I have to go there...

Are you a Gemini? I ask because of the hyper-artist reference. It's intresting that every hyper artist i know is a Gemini- that's all.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:08 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Not a Gemini..

[QUOTE=Marina]Are you a Gemini? I ask because of the hyper-artist reference. It's intresting that every hyper artist i know is a Gemini- that's all.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm a Crabby old Cancer the Crab. Married to a Leo.

I have two grown sons; one Cancer/Leo cusp and one Leo.

I'm DOOMED...... :-)
Old 05-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Eeek! is right!

You are doomed!, run while you can still make it! How in God's name do you make it with a Leo? (don't read into that!) I'm a Leo too and my only saving grace is that i was born in "The Year of the Tiger" wich is a hugely problematic, except that i was blessed with the "water" element which calms the whole kit-n-kaboodle! Talk about small miracles! Otherwise no one could stand to reply to my post's! LOL! You see there *IS* a reason for that avatar after all :-)
Old 05-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Cool Doom and Damnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina
You are doomed!, run while you can still make it! How in God's name do you make it with a Leo? (don't read into that!) I'm a Leo too and my only saving grace is that i was born in "The Year of the Tiger" wich is a hugely problematic, except that i was blessed with the "water" element which calms the whole kit-n-kaboodle! Talk about small miracles! Otherwise no one could stand to reply to my post's! LOL! You see there *IS* a reason for that avatar after all :-)

We've been married 31 years,and have simply agreed to disagree, LOUDLY. The neighbors (and our sons) take bets on who's going to win whichever.

My boys usually "put their hat" on Mom.

I have no idea what "year" I was born in.. 1957, but I also see you're a Texan.. I grew up in Dallas and now am stuck up here in the COLD with all these damn' Swedes!
Old 05-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Smile Year of the Monkey or Rooster...

It will be the "Year of the Rooster" if you're a Crab, because it was after January 31, 1957- the Chinese New Year for that Year. And your element is Fire. Yikes! A Fire Rooster! I'd better run for the hills! Then again, being a water element it won't get LOUD- just a lot of patience being exercised. LOL! How about the better-half? Year and Astrological sign? Of you can research this on your own- Google for "Chinese Horoscopes". I find them to be more accureate than the Solar Horoscopes put out in newspapers. In the end- it's all pretty much entertainment anyway- but with a shread of truth? I dunno?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Chinese Fire Roosters?????

[QUOTE=Marina]It will be the "Year of the Rooster" if you're a Crab, because it was after January 31, 1957- the Chinese New Year for that Year. And your element is Fire. Yikes! A Fire Rooster! I'd better run for the hills! [/QUOTE]

A FIRE ROOSTER, and a Chinese one at that??? I should just give it up.

So what happened in August, 04, '51? How bad is THAT guy?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
It ended at $5,100.....reserve not met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50063

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Didn't know it was on Ebay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50063
Thanks for the info! I was fully intrigued by the whole thing!
Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Sorry for the delay...

Tried four times- this is the fifth, to post about August 4th, 1951 yesterday, but it wouldn't let me! Darn it! Anyway- are you ready? Sure? Well- o.k. tread softly, and be *vewwwrrrry carwwwwful". *my best Elmer Fudd*

It's the "Year of the Bunny", that's right! A bunny! Not just any bunny- NO! A "Metal Bunny"- no kidding! Really! A Metal Rabit- same thing? Fire Rooster(you), Metal Bunny(?), and Water Tiger(me). It's an (Animal)+(element), it just sounds better when the element is said first.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:33 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyW
THat's Funny, since the deposit of $5000 was due in five days.....LOL, might as well send all $5100.....

Do you think he 'got the picture'???

Not as cool as he thought it was....

ROn
Old 08-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Title Fits......

Well I thought I'd post this here because the title seems to fit without double posting.

I had the worst day yesterday....it's seems good ol' mother nature did a job on my computer at my business Friday night in the form of a ZAP! I spent 6 hours Sunday night trying to fix it ...had a repair guy come out yesterday and nada....big time bummer...I have to re-enter all my data..back-ups would not work...

Last night decided to take a break and go out and work on the "stream" and 2 hours later I was like wow...all my problems had vanished and all of a sudden I said...we'll get through this...I guess it was a Zen moment. It felt good knowing that people (my customers) are understanding it it's not the end of the world...it will just take some time to patch things up and we'll be good to go. Crazy how self medicating these aluminum cans can be
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote