Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
Here's another one for hiccups, the wife says it really works:
Get a 1/2 glass of water and drink it from the opposite side.
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Hickups Gone

I have an easy one to stop hickups that does'nt require paperbags, pillows, holding ones breath, headstands or water running up your nose. My nieghbor told me about this one and it worked so well that I passed it on to others with very good results, by their feedback.
All you have to do is, close your eyes and picture in your mind, a big White Horse standing in the middle of the road. O.K. now these are your hickups, so this is your horse and your road, picture them how you wish. It works every time for me I would love to know if it works for any of you.
Bob
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #23
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Hold a piece of raw steak on a fresh black eye to reduce the inflammation and bruising.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
A couple of Leaches would be much cheaper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Hold a piece of raw steak on a fresh black eye to reduce the inflammation and bruising.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Remove Blackheads and Clean Pours

I had a friend tell me he used wood glue to remove splinters so I thought I would try it as a facial. (WHAT?) Yes....you heard me.
I had bought the pads you wet then apply to your nose, let them dry and pull it off to clean pours.
SO I applied really good wood glue on my nose, let it dry and peeled it off....It worked!
A word of caution: DON'T PUT IT AROUND YOUR NOSE HOLE OPENINGS UNLESS YOU WANT TO REMOVE NOSE HAIR!.....OUCH!
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Vaseline on a splinter in the skin will eject by itself in about a day....
Old 03-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
My dad would scape a potato, mix that with white sugar, and apply it as a poltice to boils on the skin. This would draw the inflamation, causing it to drain, lessening the pain, and encourage it to heal more quickly. I swear, he did it. Also, he believed in applying various hot wet steamy "messes" wrapped in toweling to the chest to break up congestion: example, sweated onion slices. Yuck. Vicks is a lot less icky. He grew up in the Bootheel area of Missouri in a very poor family. Obviously, they knew now to make-do, something most of us have forgotten. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #28
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
I suffered from depression for 30 years before I figured out how to cure it. Tried psychiatry, Paxil, Wellbutrin etc which either had no effect or made me worse.

The cure for me was as follows. Sam E 2 pills per day, vitamin B12 B6 and Folic acid 2 pills a day each. Watch diet, avoid bread or anything made of white flour or yeast. Also soybeans. Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and salads.

Sam E also cured knee and back pain that plagued me for years. It is the only thing that will repair worn or damaged joints. Others have reported it cured carpal tunnel syndrome as well as improving mood.

Try Sam E it works.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #29
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
A copper penny next to a battery terminal will help keep corrosion off the terminals--the corrosion will get on the pennies first.
For corrosion on battery terminals, pour some diet soda on the terminals, the soda water will dissolve the corrosion.
Another way to treat corrosion is to put a dab of vaseline on the terminals.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
The guy I take care of is type two diabetic and can't have flour products like bread. I kept wondering if the leg cramps were tied to diabetes...cause he sure does yelp a lot about his legs hurting after standing...but I have heard that the extremities are damaged on the body if diabetic...
Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Here's another odd thing...your height is the same as you are measured (arms extended outward left and right) from fingertip to finger tip.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #32
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
A word of caution: DON'T PUT IT AROUND YOUR NOSE HOLE OPENINGS UNLESS YOU WANT TO REMOVE NOSE HAIR!.....OUCH!
TMI...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
I was curious about the 'dry time'.....
Old 03-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Removing red wine from carpet

One of the best ways to deal with red wine spillage is with a white wine chaser. That’s right. If you spilled your red wine, pour a glass of white over the stain. The white wine actually neutralizes the red wine and the stain disappears magically before your eyes.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Peppermint is good for upset stomach and sinus drainage. I use the candy while driving, but once off the road, a double over ice and sip it. Just let a small amount run slowly down the back of you throat. Keep one at dedside for during the night. I learned this from an "old" pharmacist. He bought gallon jugs by the case.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #36
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Stripped out wood screw...

Dip the tapered end of some wooden toothpics in carpenters glue, fill the hole tightly, let dry, cut off excess and screw away.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #37
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
The guy I take care of is type two diabetic and can't have flour products like bread. I kept wondering if the leg cramps were tied to diabetes...cause he sure does yelp a lot about his legs hurting after standing...but I have heard that the extremities are damaged on the body if diabetic...
There was a piece in the paper this morning. It said diabetics can reduce their need for insulin with just 30 seconds of exercise, 5 or 6 times per day. It would probably help the cramps too.

Leg cramps can also be connected to low calcium and other causes. I would definitely consult a naturopath or nutritionist about overall health care, diet, and supplements.

Diabetes in most cases can be controlled with diet and lifestyle improvements. Before insulin was discovered many diabetics lived long healthy lives purely by watching their diets. A Dr. Kneip in Germany was the expert in the 19th century and many of his discoveries still apply.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Warm, not hot, olive oil put in the ear with an eye dropper will relieve an earache long enough for the doctor's office to open in the morning. Use a dab of cotton to keep the oil from running back out. Worked when my mom used to use it on me.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverhobby View Post
Vick's Salve rubbed on the bottoms of your feet, covered by socks overnight will stop a cough.
I hear it's also helps stave away athlete's foot.

My favorite? Baking soda water as an anatacid/stomach soother (as long as you can tolerate the higher sodium)

For hiccups, eat a spoonful/packet of sugar. The sugar relaxes your muscles instantly. Yes, it's kinda gross, but it works!
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Yes, for those who have the fungus under their toenail ...I had a girlfrind that applied Vicks VAPO Rub to all around that area of the toenail and covered it with a balloon like thing (probably not that!) and it cured it withen two weeks.