Old 09-02-2004, 07:29 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Originally Posted by Tinsel Loaf
Wouldn’t it have been easier just to roll it completely over so there would be better light on the project not to mention, no bending to do the welding.
Don't laugh, I know plenty of folks that have done just that. I'm building a off road truck with a Exo skelton cage that I will be able to do that too.

There is a product in Europe the bolts onto the wheel flanges so you can roll the car on its side.

1959 22' Caravanner
1988 R20 454 Suburban.
Atlanta, GA
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:36 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I hope that the portion of the bed the longest board is on, is not rusted to bad.

Judging by the color of the truck and building behind it, that must be in Miami.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:49 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Originally Posted by markdoane
He has it braced perfectly. When the gas tank he's welding blows up, it will toss the little beastie right over onto the sidewalk.

The owner of Grand muffler that did the pipes on my 70 LeMans will weld pin hole leaks on gas tanks. His requirement is you have to have the tank full when you bring it in.

He will get some soap in there to seal it temporary. Then he cleans off any gas residue around the tank to lower thye fire possiblility. With a FULL GAS TANK he lines up on the leak with the welder. He has a wet towel in the other hand and welds it. If it catches fire he puts it out with the towel.

Some will understand why this is possible and other will think he is totaly out of his mind to weld on a full tank of gas. He's been doing this for 20 years or so.

The hint is it takes O2 to make fire and "Kabooms".
1959 22' Caravanner
1988 R20 454 Suburban.
Atlanta, GA
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:26 AM   #18
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
Dumb IS Dumb....

Hi 59Toaster....A friend of mine, Sorry, an EX-friend of mine a EX-DUMB Friend of mine...was, In His OWN words FIXING his FUEL LINE 2 the CARB, one peaceful Sunday morning, After abt 3 hours when the Police & Fire dept had all gone & Council Men had finished putting in NEW Glass in his Moms windows....I called round 2 C his NEW car ( Well USED OLD car - But NEW 2 HIM )..& He began 2 explain how He thought IF he jus used His CIGARETTE LIGHTER 2 warm up the END of the FUEL PIPE to enable it 2 fit onto the carb, he would...BLAH ! blah ! Blah !......"""" B A N G """ It certainly WARMED up that cruel WINTER'S DAY....& IF U L@@K closely, U can STILL C the DENT in the front door, where the Lighter tried 2 GET out of the way from the Mad English Man...LOL...Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:56 PM   #19
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
He obviously couldn't use the bumper jack. Maybe he lost that when he used the same boards on the bumper when he fixed his differential last week.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote