Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Bethel , Vermont
Send a message via AIM to Folkie53 Send a message via Yahoo to Folkie53
Smile You are not going to believe this!

I have a fantastic fan in my Airstream. I was out on the road for a couple of weeks and I went to sleep and a storm came up; lighting, thunder, rain the whole nine yard. I wake up to rain dripping in through my fan on me. As soon as it was light and the rain stopped I lookup and could see a hair line fracture in my dome cover. Great, now I have to hunt down a cover. So I go to the local CW and was informed in no short order that they carry the fan but not parts and if I want any I'll have to call the factory. Now I am really mad because I know that I am going to have to go through a phone tree to find someone who knows what I am talking about and I will be blowing about 30 minutes trying to straighten this mess out. Long story short I google Fantastic fan and get the phone number. I have now steeled myself for the frustration that I know will surely follow and I place the call. A real person answers the phone. She was the president of the company and ask what in particular was my problem. After a brief explaination she said please hold for service. I'm thinking "here we go I am on hold fo..." and the service guy picks up and says how can I help you. I explain the cracked dome and he ask for my address and phone number and says "it's on it's way". What? no credit card, no how do you want to pay for that? I was in shock. Still more so since the part arrived at my door in 3 working days and it is the correct one. I gotta tell you, I deal with a lot of folks both in person and on the net but I have never had as pleasant an experience as dealing with these people. You guys are here by awarded an official atta boy. You have one extremely satisfied customer.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Your experience is the same as everyone who has dealt directly with the Fantastic Fan folks and posted here.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkie53 View Post
I have a fantastic fan in my Airstream. I was out on the road for a couple of weeks and I went to sleep and a storm came up; lighting, thunder, rain the whole nine yard. I wake up to rain dripping in through my fan on me. As soon as it was light and the rain stopped I lookup and could see a hair line fracture in my dome cover. Great, now I have to hunt down a cover. So I go to the local CW and was informed in no short order that they carry the fan but not parts and if I want any I'll have to call the factory. Now I am really mad because I know that I am going to have to go through a phone tree to find someone who knows what I am talking about and I will be blowing about 30 minutes trying to straighten this mess out. Long story short I google Fantastic fan and get the phone number. I have now steeled myself for the frustration that I know will surely follow and I place the call. A real person answers the phone. She was the president of the company and ask what in particular was my problem. After a brief explaination she said please hold for service. I'm thinking "here we go I am on hold fo..." and the service guy picks up and says how can I help you. I explain the cracked dome and he ask for my address and phone number and says "it's on it's way". What? no credit card, no how do you want to pay for that? I was in shock. Still more so since the part arrived at my door in 3 working days and it is the correct one. I gotta tell you, I deal with a lot of folks both in person and on the net but I have never had as pleasant an experience as dealing with these people. You guys are here by awarded an official atta boy. You have one extremely satisfied customer.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
I will chime in. Our NEW 2009 Flying Cloud FB leaked around the fan in the state room. I am about 4 hours drive 1 way from the dealer. I got on the roof, removed the factory caulking, and found AS factory had over tightened the screws and cracked the fan frame at installation.

I called Fantastic Fan, and in 5 minutes had a complete new fan on the way based on my word I would return the broken unit.

Great Folks!

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1970 27' Overlander
Houston , Texas
Isn't it nice to talk to a real person in the good ole USA and not India.
2Rhinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Same here. Real people that help you and back their product. I only use their Fans now....I'm on my sixth installation right now. Besides, it's a great product.