Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #321
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Lightbulb 12v Circuits Have Fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
For the furnace to fail what breakers would have to trip? - the house breaker would but then batteries to converter still good
Check your power panel and you'll discover your 12v circuits haves fuses (not breakers). You may decide to carry spares like I do.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #322
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Not sure about the FCs, but my Classic has all 12V circuit breakers. It has a 12V fuse for the propane detector though.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #323
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
Check your power panel and you'll discover your 12v circuits haves fuses (not breakers). You may decide to carry spares like I do.
That and a spare fuse for the electrical connection to the trailer in the TV.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #324
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I actually have auto spare fuse assortment in mail - there are a number of fuses as such when you open up the converter (I think) that is right under the fridge (unless that is the inverter - I'm not there in the manual yet - will be soon)

I have a couple of the 120v spares for the jack - was told those are bad about going out - not sure about the TV fuse - need to see what type of fuse that is and keep spares - my plan is to keep spares of all of the fuses in the trailer - I'm getting there.

I think there is a breaker in my trailer - I think it is for the fridge? Can't remember - discussed in walk through in passing - ill note in manual soon.

I have not installed the in line filter yet

I need to buy an adapter and figure out how to blow out lines

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #325
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
I actually have auto spare fuse assortment in mail - there are a number of fuses as such when you open up the converter (I think) that is right under the fridge (unless that is the inverter - I'm not there in the manual yet - will be soon)

I have a couple of the 120v spares for the jack - was told those are bad about going out - not sure about the TV fuse - need to see what type of fuse that is and keep spares - my plan is to keep spares of all of the fuses in the trailer - I'm getting there.

I think there is a breaker in my trailer - I think it is for the fridge? Can't remember - discussed in walk through in passing - ill note in manual soon.

I have not installed the in line filter yet

I need to buy an adapter and figure out how to blow out lines
You will need a compressor with a tank to do the winterizing, with an adaptor that connects to the city water line. The manual is not too detailed, but there are another of good threads on the forums. I always winterize my trailer, blowing out the lines and and antifreeze. You can do significant damage to the water system if lines freeze - and difficult to repair. It does have have to get below freezing for some time, without warming up. Only the furnace can heat the belly - not the heat pumps.

The ceramic heater we use is the Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
http://amzn.com/B000TKDQ5C

The thermostat is touchy, but it will pass the wife small enough test.

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #326
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Flushing lines requires speed and volume, not a great deal of pressure. Air compressor alone may not produce volume needed to push a slug of water...

So, a tank is ideal.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #327
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
My most recent trip to the mountains of Georgia...I had a couple of typical comments.

At a fuel stop near Gadsden, AL as I returned from store to my rig...a few guys were staring at the trailer and asked "hey, how much does that thang retail for?"

I felt in a joking mood and smiled and just told them I was not sure and that my daddy gave it to me for my 18th birthday.

They laughed and one said "I thought so"...

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #328
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
My banker was shocked at the $80,000.
I would have never told her, but I guess she sees it on my credit history...
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #329
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Pharm, when I recently used the same line, the guy winked, spat on the ground, and said "shore is in great shape, for its age". We both had a chuckle. Jim