Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar
 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,513
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Winter is over

It has started to warm up today in Phoenix!
Attached Images
 
__________________

__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,761
We're in the 90's here and I'm loving it!

Next weekend we'll be in the Mojave desert and enjoying life.
__________________

__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Aria's Avatar
 
1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 638
Images: 1
We are 40 degrees with rain. Wood fire stil burning.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
silverback's Avatar
 
2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 703
We even had a mini monsoon blast down in Maricopa. Lots of wind, dust and no rain. But it cooled it off (into the 80s) after trashing one of our pepper plants and a cactus. I'm ready to head for the mountains.
-KL
__________________
4CU Charter Member
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar
 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,513
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
We even had a mini monsoon blast down in Maricopa. Lots of wind, dust and no rain. But it cooled it off (into the 80s) after trashing one of our pepper plants and a cactus. I'm ready to head for the mountains.
-KL
We had a big dust storm this afternoon as well, waiting for the rain now.
We were up on the rim last weekend, very different then Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trucksmow.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	36338  
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:07 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
balrgn's Avatar
 
1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,410
Images: 74
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
It has started to warm up today in Phoenix!
Wow, I don't feel so bad about our constant 50's and drizzle!
__________________
'74 Overlander (T-O-Bee)
'46 Spartan Manor (Rosie)
'54 Cruiser (Bogart)
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
yukionna's Avatar
 
Massachusetts
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 1964 17' Bambi II
Posts: 4,278
Images: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
We had 80 degree weather in NE last week! Woohoo! It was just a taste of what will come as we are now back in the 50's.
__________________
WBCCI Region One

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member
 
Auretrvr's Avatar
 
1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 231
Ahhh, but don't plant the impatiens yet!

Today was a day to dream for. Low humidity, blue skies and warm (almost too warm) temps. Could be the harbinger of spring...but I always remember that our true last frost average is May 15th in our zone. Keeps me humble. They are indeed forcasting a drop in the overnite temps. Have to bring the caladium bulb nursery in, rats!
__________________
Airstream OCD...there is no cure!
1983 Classic 310 Motorhome.
AIR 15765

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
Rivet Master
 
yukionna's Avatar
 
Massachusetts
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 1964 17' Bambi II
Posts: 4,278
Images: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auretrvr
Today was a day to dream for. Low humidity, blue skies and warm (almost too warm) temps. Could be the harbinger of spring...but I always remember that our true last frost average is May 15th in our zone. Keeps me humble. They are indeed forcasting a drop in the overnite temps. Have to bring the caladium bulb nursery in, rats!
Our last frost average is the end of May. I have to be patient for impatiens and wait until June!
__________________
WBCCI Region One

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
firedog's Avatar

 
1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 650
Images: 3
Rivet Medal of ---

Yuki ,you deserve a medal,always cheerful inspite of all thats hit you with the recent events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Our last frost average is the end of May. I have to be patient for impatiens and wait until June!
__________________
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu http://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
We're past our last average frost. Yesterday was 82 and 88 is forcast for tomorrow, and mid-80's the rest of the week here in metro-Atlanta. I think we can (and have) plant our impatients here!
__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 AM   #12
Rivet Master
 
yukionna's Avatar
 
Massachusetts
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 1964 17' Bambi II
Posts: 4,278
Images: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
We're past our last average frost. Yesterday was 82 and 88 is forcast for tomorrow, and mid-80's the rest of the week here in metro-Atlanta. I think we can (and have) plant our impatients here!
Nice weather! In New England, we have to wait another month for those temperatures to occur on a regular basis.
__________________
WBCCI Region One

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Nice weather! In New England, we have to wait another month for those temperatures to occur on a regular basis.
These are really more like late June temps for us; today is supposed to hit 89! I wouldn't be surprised if we make it to 90, but tomorrow is supposed to moderate more and Thursday we are supposed to cool even more with some much needed rain. This was the second dryest April since 1915 for Atlanta.

Of course, south Georgia really needs the rain with the wild fires they've had. 88,000 acres burned so far and last week we had smoke as far north as Atlanta some 250 miles away thanks to the back side of a high pressure system. You could discern the pungent smell of burning peat when you walked outside first thing in the morning. I've lost count of the number of homes destroyed so far. It is really tragic. The governor is supposed to survey the area via helicopter today. I hope he can secure Fed disaster relief for the area.
__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Rivet Master
 
yukionna's Avatar
 
Massachusetts
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 1964 17' Bambi II
Posts: 4,278
Images: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Of course, south Georgia really needs the rain with the wild fires they've had. 88,000 acres burned so far and last week we had smoke as far north as Atlanta some 250 miles away thanks to the back side of a high pressure system. You could discern the pungent smell of burning peat when you walked outside first thing in the morning. I've lost count of the number of homes destroyed so far. It is really tragic. The governor is supposed to survey the area via helicopter today. I hope he can secure Fed disaster relief for the area.
Oh my! I hadn't heard about this, though I should have given that my company's main office is located just outside of Atlanta.

I hope you, your family, your home and your Airstream are all safe!
__________________

__________________
WBCCI Region One

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airstreams in winter?? Curtis-79MH Airstream Motorhome Forums 6 03-27-2006 12:58 PM
withdrawl symptoms-how to survive the winter without your Airstream bhsl8 Our Community 16 11-06-2002 05:28 AM
Winter in Airstream Earl Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers 9 11-02-2002 06:28 PM
winter camping murphy Our Community 1 10-27-2002 06:31 PM
Winter in an Airstream ????? Boris Carlove Our Community 9 08-04-2002 07:58 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.