Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Winter Blues

We just had another round of winter, this one broke my heart in that the ice and snow were plowed in front of the airstream, the last place left fot snow. We r scheduled to go out to KY at the beginning of April, sure hope I dont have to chip the ice away.
It worries me that now I can't get inside to check anything for leaks and damage. Too wrapped up in snow and ice. I figure if dealers leave them out it must be ok.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Snoqualmie , Washington
I hope you have heat inside the trailer. If not, I suggest you consider this as an option soon.
DryFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I have the winter blues also, although I feel guilty because my TW is next to my house and the 34' is only 2 miles away in storage. No snow and I can see both anytime I like. I should not have the blues. I do though because I want to go camping. That will have to wait until late March when I go to Alumalina-Sandlapper in SC.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Did that fat groundhog see his shadow? If he did, maybe we should share resipes with groundhog as the main ingredient .Maybe replace him with a scunk instead, which would be more entertaining to watch on t.v.... move over turtleman. March is only 21 days away. Even the south is looking forward to spring. It will be here before you know it
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, my trailer is 900 miles away and it's been really cold up there. I did my first winterizing job just before leaving it. I hope nothing is damaged due to missing something or doing it wrong. Now it is snowing up there and I may have to delay my trip.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
Our trailer (Miss Piggy) is stored just across the driveway in our garage out of the weather It's still cold as our garage is not heated. Airstreams are made to be outside but I have a fobia about equipment being left exposed to the elements when not in use so I went to great lengths to provide shelter for the trailer and TV and every other piece of rolling stock I have. I visit often to check battery levels and keep an eye on battery maintenance chargers that are hooked up to the least used batteries. I still get the blues when I have to traverse fifty yards of ice and snow to pay them a visit. The older I get the more I hate winter. I better go check my supply of campfire wood, it won't be long now.
Joe Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If it's any comfort, folks, the weather is pretty darn dismal everywhere.

We just have to wait it out.

Spring will eventually come.

Maggie
Old 02-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Winter blues where I am in FL means blue sky and sunshine. But I do have some winter woes, I am worried about the battery in the Safari at home in NC. I left the batteries in the trailer. Normally I could do this without a problem. But the temperatures have been abnormally low, below zero. I hope the battery did not freeze. I'm betting a new battery will be in the Safari's near future.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #9
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
Winter blues where I am in FL means blue sky and sunshine. But I do have some winter woes, I am worried about the battery in the Safari at home in NC. I left the batteries in the trailer. Normally I could do this without a problem. But the temperatures have been abnormally low, below zero. I hope the battery did not freeze. I'm betting a new battery will be in the Safari's near future.
If the battery is stony dead, the elecyrolyte is mostly water, and will freeze about -10°F. If the battery is fully charged, it will freeze around -50°F. That's for wet cells. Don't know about AGMs.