Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
Why People Don't Care

This is to all the mothers here that have the same problems with friends and neighbors...

I don't understand people at all.My daughter has a low tolerant and gets sick very easy since birth.My son has asthma and allergy and any thing set it off.My neighbor yesterday sent her... not one, but three kids down here sick.After i had went up there to ask her if her kids had a BB gun.Never said a thing until she came to get her kids that they where sent home sick earlier that day.
If my kids are sick i don't let them out of the house why people don't care about ofters ill never know.I guess they figure what the hay lets spread it around.This is the way it usual goes my daughter gets it frist she keeps anything for atleast three weeks and if am lucky she wont end up in the hospital.Then my son gets it for about a week and a half .Then my husband gets it and by this times he's and sick.Then i get it and if am lucky it will go away.Unless someones else comes over sick.......
And if that wasn't enough my girlfriend comes over telling me (with the little girl with her) that her daughter was sent home with lice in her hair....Now mind you my daughter has hair to her butt and its thick.So needless to say after she left and my head was crawling just from the thought of bugs, i treated all our heads just in case.

I don't know about you'll but don't you wishes people would think about your kids before popping up.When there kids are sick or have bugs.....dont get me wrong i love kids and i know theres nothing they can do about getting thing.Its the parents i could stringier.
Am going to make a sign.. if your sick come by next week.Noones home this week...lol
Old 05-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It's just part of the Me First Generation. Since retroactive abortion is illegal, there isn't a whole lot we can do about it, except maybe try to avoid the people that have proven to be a problem to your family.
Good luck with the detective work, hopefully you will find the culprit in the wing window caper soon.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Well, the alternative is to try live anonymously. That is, don't try to be a welcoming sort, and try to keep from making other's problems, even in a little way, your own.

This is tough when you're mom, however. Since I don't have practical advice about that aspect, let me point out that escape, at least for a little while every now and then, is called Airstream.

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeHarbor
Well, the alternative is to try live anonymously. That is, don't try to be a welcoming sort, and try to keep from making other's problems, even in a little way, your own.

This is tough when you're mom, however. Since I don't have practical advice about that aspect, let me point out that escape, at least for a little while every now and then, is called Airstream.

Lamar
Yeap ...this is true normal i would beable to but this year she down for repairs.

overlander....If my hubby figure out who it was. they may also get a BB in there butts...lol And of course we didnt see nothing or hear nothing
Old 05-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Next time the neighbor kids come over you could ask if they have been home from school in the last couple of days because of illness. Then make a decision if you want those kids playing with your kids. After all if their mother isn't gonna take responsibility, then you might step in and make the decision if your kids are going to play with the neighbor kids.

When it comes to health, having too much caution is better than too little. In my opinion only.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Next time the neighbor kids come over you could ask if they have been home from school in the last couple of days because of illness. Then make a decision if you want those kids playing with your kids. After all if their mother isn't gonna take responsibility, then you might step in and make the decision if your kids are going to play with the neighbor kids.

When it comes to health, having too much caution is better than too little. In my opinion only.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

I think i will have to start doing that..i hate to be that way....Its not the other kids fault but i have to look out for mine kids....I wouldnt let my kids around them if they where sick....