Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Ringgold , Georgia
Why does ProPride not answer

I am in the market for a used Airstream excella or classic, mid 1990s to early 2000s. I have pulled many campers and decided to upgrade to a ProPride hitch. Because I almost always buy anything used, I decided to buy a used ProPride 3P. The reason I chose ProPride was all the great reviews on the Pivot Point Projection type hitches and the excellent customer service being touted by all the owners of the ProPride. I found one in Atlanta, negotiated and bought it. The previous owned told me he had been trying to contact ProPride about the warranty transfer but with no luck, but I thought maybe he had not really tried. Well, after 4 emails now (2 directly, 2 through their website) and a phone call with a message to return my call I have had no luck. The only thing I have not done is try to call the owner directly on his cell phone. Have they went out of business? If not they really need to work on their communications platforms. If the only way to contact them is through the owner then the website should say that. Anybody know anything? Thanks for any help.
brgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Sounds like crappy customer service to me.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I sent an email to Blue Ox yesterday and got a response this morning.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
I sent an email to Blue Ox yesterday and got a response this morning.
I called Blue Ox on Friday with a question. The nice lady that answered did not know the answer. I received a call back in less than 5 minutes with a satisfactory solution to my problem. The local dealer charged me extra to fit the correct drop bar. I needed about 3 inches additional drop from the as supplied stock bar. Blue Ox is refunding that charge as it is their policy to swap out parts as required for correct fit at no additional charge.
Darn good customer service in my opinion.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 08-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Hi - I don't know the answer to your question. I think the pro and con of ProPride is Sean - he's amazing when he's "on" - but he seems like a one person shop...

He's been on the phone with me on a Sunday while his kid was on a basketball game. Again - pros and cons there...

Do you try his cell? I haven't seen him in the forums for over a year I think....

What questions do you have? There's a lot of PP users here who could also help.

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #6

Currently Looking...
Ringgold , Georgia
My questions are for the company to answer. First- I would like to know what the previous owner or I need to do to transfer the warranty. Second and third question have to do with hitch details the previous owner worked with ProPride to resolve. He said ProPride had to sent him a different part to work with his trailer and tow vehicle. The previous ownder could not remember exactly what was changes, so I would like to see if the changes would affect my towing. So, saying all of that, ProPride is probably the only one who can help me.
brgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Sean will fix this for ya. He is good family guy and if he isn't answering, don't worry, he will.

I have had several specifics that Sean has resolved professionally.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We bought our ProPride directly from Sean, the president of the little but efficient company. There is no clumsy operator network to navigate. That's a reason he can sell this magnificent hitch design hundreds less than the only other competitor, Hensley. There is no better customer service than what he will provide.

No sure what you are doing to not receive a reply, but call his personal cell during work hours tomorrow (we're decent family people aren't we). He will answer all your questions.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
ProPride Industries, Inc.
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgreene View Post
My questions are for the company to answer. First- I would like to know what the previous owner or I need to do to transfer the warranty. Second and third question have to do with hitch details the previous owner worked with ProPride to resolve. He said ProPride had to sent him a different part to work with his trailer and tow vehicle. The previous ownder could not remember exactly what was changes, so I would like to see if the changes would affect my towing. So, saying all of that, ProPride is probably the only one who can help me.

Just responded to your PM. Approximately 2.5 hours after it was sent and I was aware of this.

As always… CELL phones are much more reliable than contacting a land line in the year 2014.

You can text or call any time, day or night, and I will respond immediately or at the first moment I am available.

If any of the Blue Ox customers above has Ellen Kietzmann's cell phone number please post it so I can contact her this Sunday at about 9:32am. I have about 10 used, Blue Ox hitches laying in the shop I'd like to call her and ask questions about.

-
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1962 22' Safari
Augusta , Georgia
i would call that customer service - in spades.
DGJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
Being in the customer service business I agree with DG.

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
mccrosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
Just responded to your PM. Approximately 2.5 hours after it was sent and I was aware of this.

As always… CELL phones are much more reliable than contacting a land line in the year 2014.

You can text or call any time, day or night, and I will respond immediately or at the first moment I am available.

If any of the Blue Ox customers above has Ellen Kietzmann's cell phone number please post it so I can contact her this Sunday at about 9:32am. I have about 10 used, Blue Ox hitches laying in the shop I'd like to call her and ask questions about.

-

I don't have her number, but I am certain they will answer your questions.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Thinly vailed insults only demean the poster.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
When I bought a used pro pride 3P It came in pieces via freight to me with little understanding I had to try and figure out what had been already assembled, what was not assembled, and what I had to do to get it installed. Add to that, the original customer had two different weight bars somehow and used it that way. I contacted Sean and he was really helpful, even though I did not order from him. He sent me the correct bar and included those little disc parts too. He also answered some questions, on a weekend while I was installing the thing. I had called that Friday so I did not expect any callback until Monday.

I would say that as far as customer service goes, it would be a high rating for me. I cannot answer about a few days or times without word and we each have our opinion but I can vouch for help that I really received gracefully as a used buyer. Sometimes it is just the timing. What I interpret Sean to mean is that while he may not be around to answer an office phone at all hours, his cell gets, text, messages and email. He even has one of those Skype clouds by his name!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We bought our ProPride directly from Sean over the phone when we needed a new hitch quickly, and he did everything possible to get it to us. It came quickly, and he then offered his personal phone assistance to have a hitch shop install it for us.

He is the founder and president of ProPride. I have never experienced such exceptional customer service before or after.

By the way the product is absolutely first rate. The Hensley/ProPride is a remarkable device, nothing like it for towing comfort and safety.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #16
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
AWCHIEF how would you describe your post #2?
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes755 View Post
AWCHIEF how would you describe your post #2?

Nothing thinly vailed about it. It was and still is my opinion.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

raleigh , California
Sean does a great job; very happy with his customer service.

And as for that last comment. If you don't know what you are talking about, your opinion is not a contribution and a waste of everyone's time. Maybe you should just focus on things you do know something about, if there are any....

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
NCstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCstreamer View Post
Sean does a great job; very happy with his customer service.

And as for that last comment. If you don't know what you are talking about, your opinion is not a contribution and a waste of everyone's time. Maybe you should just focus on things you do know something about, if there are any....

And I can respect that is your opinion without insulting you.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

raleigh , California
I was just stating a fact, no need to take that as an insult.

NCstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote