Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Please - let's play nice together.

One guy's interpretation - the description of the OP could warrant a view of less than ideal customer service. I saw nothing wrong with AWCHIEF's reaction to what was described.

We just don't know the details. Most of us who are PP customers have gotten so used to Sean responding to texts and calls to his cell, it's hard to imagine a lack of response. However - I don't know how many folks work at the company and no one person can handle every call as email for thousands of customers and prospective customers - so if Sean is acting as a one man band, that model feel great when it works and will feel horrible when it doesn't - the more customers and prospects, the more the likelihood the service model will become inadequate - that's not a judgement - just a logical conclusion...

I use his cell (whether texting or calling) and I don't think I've ever waited more than 2 hours for a return - including at least a dozen calls on different Saturdays and Sundays.

That's been my experience - everyone's mileage can vary.

Good luck everyone!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #22

Currently Looking...
Ringgold , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
Just responded to your PM. Approximately 2.5 hours after it was sent and I was aware of this.

As always… CELL phones are much more reliable than contacting a land line in the year 2014.

You can text or call any time, day or night, and I will respond immediately or at the first moment I am available.

If any of the Blue Ox customers above has Ellen Kietzmann's cell phone number please post it so I can contact her this Sunday at about 9:32am. I have about 10 used, Blue Ox hitches laying in the shop I'd like to call her and ask questions about.

-
In my original post I stated:

"The reason I chose ProPride was all the great reviews on the Pivot Point Projection type hitches and the excellent customer service being touted by all the owners of the ProPride. The previous owner told me he had been trying to contact ProPride about the warranty transfer but with no luck, but I thought maybe he had not really tried. Well, after 4 emails now (2 directly, 2 through their website) and a phone call with a message to return my call I have had no luck. The only thing I have not done is try to call the owner directly on his cell phone. Have they went out of business?"

Today, I sentSeana private message through the airstream forum, and yes he did answer the message very quickly. I look forward to talking to him and becoming a customer. And I will call his Cell Phone from now on and only his cell phone. If anyone thinks I disparaged Sean or his company reputation, I apologize, because that was not my intent. I was simply stating the problems I was having and genuinely asking if ProPride had went out of business. I think ProPride is a great company with a great product or I would not have bought the hitch.

However, saying all of that, there are issues contacting ProPride the way the website states. And I will restate here again, "If the only way to contact them is through the owner and his personal cell phone then the website should say that."

Thanks, and Sean I will be calling very soon.
brgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgreene View Post
In my original post I stated:

"The reason I chose ProPride was all the great reviews on the Pivot Point Projection type hitches and the excellent customer service being touted by all the owners of the ProPride. The previous owner told me he had been trying to contact ProPride about the warranty transfer but with no luck, but I thought maybe he had not really tried. Well, after 4 emails now (2 directly, 2 through their website) and a phone call with a message to return my call I have had no luck. The only thing I have not done is try to call the owner directly on his cell phone. Have they went out of business?"

Today, I sentSeana private message through the airstream forum, and yes he did answer the message very quickly. I look forward to talking to him and becoming a customer. And I will call his Cell Phone from now on and only his cell phone. If anyone thinks I disparaged Sean or his company reputation, I apologize, because that was not my intent. I was simply stating the problems I was having and genuinely asking if ProPride had went out of business. I think ProPride is a great company with a great product or I would not have bought the hitch.

However, saying all of that, there are issues contacting ProPride the way the website states. And I will restate here again, "If the only way to contact them is through the owner and his personal cell phone then the website should say that."

Thanks, and Sean I will be calling very soon.
No need for apology in my view - you shared your experience and it wasn't satisfying. Your suggestion seems reasonable to me - if the very best way is by cell, that's probably the best thing for Sean's site to communicate.

It's in the installation manual and I can't tell you how ticked off I was that the dealer who installed it NEVER EVEN TRIED TO CONTACT SEAN despite Sean offering to walk them through the installation as it was their first time!!

I'll be ok :-)

Good luck! Have fun with the hitch and go camping!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
brgreene, Glad to hear things are working out for you. Hope they continue that way in the future. Good Luck and enjoy your new hitch.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
2007 25' International CCD
1993 32' Excella
Largo , Florida
I totally agree with all the PP users who have had positive comments about Sean. When I purchased my PP he went out ofhis way to help and facilitate the purchase and installation which I did myself.

>>ron<<
Old 08-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #26
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
I've never dealt with Sean or own his hitch so this IS just an opinion based on his postings and customers comments.

He's proud of his product and takes extra steps to support and back his company and customers.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:08 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Honestly,,,,, if I buy a product used, I don't really expect mandatory customer service from the original seller, certainly not to the point of "calling them out" in a public forum.

"The customer is always right" mentality has infected our culture and economy.

My final statement on this post is not directed at ANYONE ON THIS THREAD, it is a general statement of fact. The customer is not always right, SOMETIMES the customer is an a- hole.

Anyone who runs an honest business knows well that 95% of "customer relations"is expended on about 5% of its customer base, and 75% of the content of this customer service is saying the same thing in different words over and over and over. The statistic alone tells a few stories.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Sounded like an insult to me.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #29
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I bought my ProPride when I bought my Airstream in 2012. I had to do some refit when I went from an SUV to a 2014 Ram 2500. Sean was RIGHT THERE with what I needed, and has always amazed me with his responsiveness. A total professional and a pleasure to do business with. One person's opinion (to be sure)....and when someone else reports a different outcome it's probably a good idea to understand the facts. "Ready, Fire, Aim" seems to occur more often these days.
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
When the great pile of heavy boxes came from Sean, I started the install by myself with a lift table to elevate the head when necessary. Due to space constraints from the future solar system battery box, I needed to place the jack stands at the shortest distance specified in the manual from the front of the trailer ball socket.

I called several times asking for clarification of certain points in the instruction manual. Response time was from immediate to 30 minutes depending on the time of day. Then I had a real issue and Sean fabricated a couple of steel shims for the screw jack stands and sent them out the next day. The phone was answered on Saturdays, too.

I am very pleased with both the customer service and the product.

I also had good service when I had issues or needed parts with the Hensley. I switched from towing with the Mercedes to towing with the truck and all questions were resolved in the 8 am to 5 pm, 5 work day week environment.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Edmonton , Alberta
We bought a new Pro Pride hitch in June. It's an amazing piece of hardware but I can't say I've experienced great customer service. The hitch arrived damaged with only the dust caps crushed on the one side. I've e-mailed, called, messages and got two replies from Sean; one saying he "thought" they were sent and another saying they would resend. It's been two months and no results. My last half dozen e-mails calls have been unanswered. Great product; I just hope I don't need anything as far as service down the road. I'll try and buy the caps at an auto supply store so I can lose the duct tape ones I'm using.
jimro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
OK, OK, OK ... from end user reports of great customer service, I will start looking for a nice used PP 3-P. Thanks for all of your shared experiences.
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote