Old 07-19-2015, 07:33 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Our 2008 Classic 25 fab has the front pano windows with dark tinted rock guards with pleated curtains on the interior. The two side windows have two pull down accordion shades on each window; one is a day shade the other a night. It gets pretty dark in there. The Fantastic Vent lets in more light than the windows. The only issue I have with all the windows is they are single pane and you can feel the cold on your head when in bed from the window behind the bed when temperatures start to get in the 30s and below. Since my hair is thinning I will wear a cap to keep the chill off my noggin.

Kelvin

Old 07-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #16
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Exhibitionism... Being intimately "one" with "nature"(sorta).. They recycle the aluminum they cut off the trailer for a great price....

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
The pano window at the front and the bathroom window at the back are deliberately lower than the others. I believe the plan was to be able to see through the coach from the TV and see if anyone is right behind you. The back window is so low that you better pull down the blind or you might as well do your "job" outside on a bucket.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
Exhibitionism... Being intimately "one" with "nature"(sorta).. They recycle the aluminum they cut off the trailer for a great price....
LOL, yeah and then on the other thread "Best spot on FL left coast" someone posted about Koreshan State Park as being once a place where unclothed women roamed. Camping is getting too red light!

You could always get the one you wanted and do some kind of painting to the panos on the end! Stained glass anyone?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
My bitch is that the windows are the very very dark tint kind, and there is no option for clear glass. Where I live we have a lot of gloomy days, and at high latitude the sun does not get into the deep narrow valleys enough. I have to turn lights on inside when it is still plenty light outside. Then there is the dark glass protector over the dark front Pano window. No light gets in to speak of.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
hmm. well, I guess that is the reason for different models and configurations. Can't you raise that rock guard?
Old 07-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #21
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
My front pano's are clear except for the smoked rock guard. Which I can see out of fine. The best part about the smoke pano's is, I can see out, but you can't see in until night time.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
My front pano's are clear except for the smoked rock guard. Which I can see out of fine. The best part about the smoke pano's is, I can see out, but you can't see in until night time.
Hmmm, I have not seen any clear pano windows since the Argosy's of the 70's. (And I have one). From everything I have heard, they are not available at all. Argosy owners who have broken a front curved clear pano window are SOL unless they can get one from a donor or wreck. They have to put dark tinted windows in.

Hmmmm, are you sure?
Old 07-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Different strokes I guess. We love all the windows in the rear bedroom of our 28' International. It is not the pano but we still have the large rear window with along with two big windows on each side. We have stayed in many places with great views, like last weekend when we were backed up to the edge of the Yellowstone river.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
I hear you! We have a 23D International with a small window. Even it can let in too much light and I stuff towels around the edges of the blinds. Circadian rhythm? Ha! It gets dark here at 10 pm and light at 3 am. (In houses, people cover their windows with tin foil to block the light.) We are looking at getting a 27FB, but the pano windows are an issue. I prefer the small window and closets flanking the bed on the 28, but I just don't like the rest of the layout . . . decisions, decisions. I'm so worried that I'll jump the gun and get a 27FB, and then Airstream will come out with a more suitable trailer for those of us in the far far north, where the sun barely sleeps (except in winter!).
Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #25
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
Hmmm, I have not seen any clear pano windows since the Argosy's of the 70's. (And I have one). From everything I have heard, they are not available at all. Argosy owners who have broken a front curved clear pano window are SOL unless they can get one from a donor or wreck. They have to put dark tinted windows in.

Hmmmm, are you sure?
I think you miss understood me. The windows are clear, just like the back pano windows. They have a smoke covered rock protector over them.

So our bedroom is remodeled and we now sleep at an angle where we are looking out the Pano windows. It's really nice.