Old 07-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Who has those clothing totes/cubes/organizer thingies?

Okay - I tried the SEARCH function without much luck --- probably because I can't think of how to decribe what I'm trying to find. Obviously, by the title of my post.

Someone on this forum mentioned the *storage system* they used to tote their clothing around. But I can't remember who or what! It was kinda like a soft-sided cube with, I think, individual inserts that could be removed. I recall googling the product and finding that you could buy one that had 2 or 3 pockets/cubes/whatever. They were a little pricey - but very functional. Kinda like something you'd find at LLBean or Cabellas. But not.

Soooooo - anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Laura - who's loosing her mind.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Oh - and would it work as an alternative to luggage? I am going on a cattle drive and, although I won't be toting my stuff on my horse, it will be lugged around. I was thinking a duffle bag will be sufficient - but sometimes those are kinda messy...

Laura

Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I found some really nice packing cubes in several sizes at ebags.com, which fit well in our storage areas and also come in nice, girly colors.

eBags Packing Cubes - Shop Top Rated Packing Cubes- eBags.com

Baggalini also makes a large, hanging organizer with pockets on both sides for clothing. You could pack for a week in one of those, if you chose to, and they roll up to carry. We hung one in our single closet for smaller clothing items that were in cabinets, which frees up a lot of our very limited storage space.

baggallini Hanging Organizer Bagg - Rip Stop Nylon - eBags.com

Being well organized is one of my objectives every day, it just makes me feel better about myself as a person.

Maggie
Old 07-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
as a general rule, when you divide things you lose space. if it is a soft bag, you will lose the smallest amount of space. roll your clothes for less wrinkles. plastic bags make good dividers. don't forget something to put any gross laundry.

can you wash anything along the way to reuse some clothes? i guess you can wash clothes like the settlers did ;-) take things that dry quickly.

no matter what you use and considering where you're going and what you're doing, i'd get something WASHABLE! lol

have a fun trip :-)
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I found some really nice packing cubes in several sizes at ebags.com, which fit well in our storage areas and also come in nice, girly colors.

eBags Packing Cubes - Shop Top Rated Packing Cubes- eBags.com

Baggalini also makes a large, hanging organizer with pockets on both sides for clothing. You could pack for a week in one of those, if you chose to, and they roll up to carry. We hung one in our single closet for smaller clothing items that were in cabinets, which frees up a lot of our very limited storage space.

baggallini Hanging Organizer Bagg - Rip Stop Nylon - eBags.com

Being well organized is one of my objectives every day, it just makes me feel better about myself as a person.

Maggie
Are you sure - a whole week? It looks like something I have for jewelry --- but at 37"x18", who knows. It's an interesting idea!

These aren't exactly what I was looking for - but pretty cool. I'll keep them in mind! Thanks Maggie!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by richinny View Post
as a general rule, when you divide things you lose space. if it is a soft bag, you will lose the smallest amount of space. roll your clothes for less wrinkles. plastic bags make good dividers. don't forget something to put any gross laundry.

can you wash anything along the way to reuse some clothes? i guess you can wash clothes like the settlers did ;-) take things that dry quickly.

no matter what you use and considering where you're going and what you're doing, i'd get something WASHABLE! lol

have a fun trip :-)

Talking to the ranch owner yesterday --- they've had a strange year already and said to pack to expect snow. Don't think I'll be washin' anything in that weather. I was surprised to find how much underwear now has anti-microbial aspects to ward off stink! Technology is amazing.

Thanks for reminding me about using baggies --- or maybe even mesh bags. Hummmmm Time to yank out the sewin' machine again!

Laura
Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
You might check out these packing systems at Campmor:

Eagle Creek Pack-It 15 System, 84640 | Packing Organizers | Travel | GEAR | items from Campmor.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Cube, 84643 | Packing Organizers | Travel | GEAR | items from Campmor.

Campmor's prices are usually pretty good. They get a lot of things in last year's colors—that sort of thing.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Are you sure - a whole week? It looks like something I have for jewelry --- but at 37"x18", who knows. It's an interesting idea!

These aren't exactly what I was looking for - but pretty cool. I'll keep them in mind! Thanks Maggie!
They actually appear HUGE in person, and nicely fill an otherwise unused, front area of our closet. The two large compartments would easily accommodate pants and tops----not for a complete change of clothing every day, but you're on a cattle drive, after all, and them cattle and horses are gonna STINK!

Maggie
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Frankfort , Indiana
Laura: The baggies are great, especially when you use zip lock and sweeze the air out. They become very compact but are still the same weight. Then when you are packing to go home you have an instant laundry sorter. Just some thoughts from an island traveler. Kathy PS They now have jumbo bags (zip Lock) that hold large items. Perfect.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
They actually appear HUGE in person, and nicely fill an otherwise unused, front area of our closet. The two large compartments would easily accommodate pants and tops----not for a complete change of clothing every day, but you're on a cattle drive, after all, and them cattle and horses are gonna STINK!

Maggie
Hopefully their stink will outstink mine! Course, maybe a handsome cowboy might like some stink.... oh, that sounds so yuck.

Thabjs for the ideas - just ordered my 0 deg sleeping bag, pads and long underwear from campmor. Geese, this $$$ is adding up!

Laura
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
Have a WONDERFUL TIME and watch out for those COWBOYS and CITY SLICKERS......adios from TEXAS....Callie

HOOK 'EM HORNS

TAC TX-42