Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #21
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetb
We're sitting in the driveway, about 20' from the front door and a very decent and cozy living room with a great fireplace and a nice big TV. But where are we? Kicked back in the Rollertoaster with four little pooches nestled into their fleece blanket on the sofa. We both have our feet up, leaning against comfy pillows, laptop and magazines and wine at hand on the dinette, and watching the evening news...Are we experiencing early terminal Aluminitis or does this eventually go away?
Nothing wrong with that except making us New Englanders upset you west coasties! Right now it a warm 31F outside. Yesterday it was 14F.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #22
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I have Annie sitting beside my house, but the door opens up into the driveway so I can get in anytime I want. Even my "borrow" kids that I take camping bring dinner and sit at the table some times!

Yesterday I went to Camping World, because you know, I needed things...or a fix. Now I have to put them in their proper places today! It is addictive, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Hmmm, could this have a hidden meaning??? Maybe we really are all content with minimal accomodations. We really don't want those McMansions in gated communities. Just the other day, a friend said to me, "I wish I could sell all this and live on a desert island in a small camper trailer. That's all you really need."
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Pick,, i totally agree,,, after accumulating stuff my entire life,, the minimalistic nature and orderliness of the Airstream brings the tranquility,, funny how life reverses priorites,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #25
Dr Joe

Central , South Carolina
You never ever really kick it! We went through two MH's and enjoyed them always -loved working on em - loved riding in em, and missing em bad! Even at our age (80+ nad 65+, we spend hours ogling and looking at for sale ads, etc., hankering to be on the raod again, but this time - a short (24 feet -) Vintage- A/S Trailer instead of another MH. The MH are great, but quite complicated to keep running and operating all systems. Trailer should be more like those recounted herein this thread.
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #26
Happy Trails

2018 28' International
Currently Looking...
Delaware , Ohio
Even in the winter, with snow on the AS roof, it's great to crank up the furnace and when things are warmed up, just spend a little time in a clean, organized, neat place, unlike the rest of our living spaces. Sometimes, when we have friends over for dinner, we either have cocktails or desert in the Airstream. It always adds to the evening.
bhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
I have mine next to the house right now, leveled with the slideout extended. The in-laws are visiting. When they get to be too much I'll quietly move to the Airstream and watch a movie or read a book
Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Although our A/S is in a storage yard I went over to it in the rain and fired up the heater plopped down on the couch and spent some quality time remembering Camps and Rallies and planning future adventures.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #29
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Talking You are not alone...if thats any comfort

I think aluminitus loves company...

Great posts, we suffer from the same syndrome...We're lucky to be able to have our trailer in our yard, so we can pop out there to get a fix---I mean visit the ongoing projects and talk about great ideas and innovations people on the forum come up with and can we use that idea in our trailer!

Planning camping trips and looking at places we hope to go someday (like Alaska) helps take the edge off waiting too...
Old 01-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
'. . .Even at our age (80+ nad 65+, we spend hours ogling and looking at for sale ads, etc., hankering to be on the raod again, but this time - a short (24 feet -) Vintage- A/S Trailer instead of another MH. . . "

Dr. Joe, it's so nice to see you posting! Your's is one of the earliest signatures we became acquainted with when we first joined this forum. We always enjoyed your comments and ideas. Airstreaming, even in our memories and anticipating dreams, keeps us younger, doesn't it?! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
Our Arogsy served as Santa's workshoop over the holidays. Furnace on AS Christmas lights.... wow! kind of wish there were more presents to wrap. Donna comes home from a busy day with her Kindergartners and takes a peaceful moment in the camper. Life is good.

Mike

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #32
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Well, I guess I might as well admit to our aluminitus also. Ours is parked in the driveway, so it makes it easy to access. I love going out there and just sitting on the sofa and taking it all in. The other night we had my brother and his wife out there making sure there was plenty of room for the rally in Pigeon Forge. I think they are catching it too!! I cant wait for our first trip. If it doesnt happen soon, i think I will just go out there for a couple of days and imagine I am in a campground. It isnt hard to do, once you are inside, its like a whole other world. One full of peace and quiet!!
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Fallbrook , California
Super Bowl in the AS

I think we have the same bug. Watched the Super Bowl while parked in the driveway. They will always be the Baltimore Colts.

KM
silverhawk25 is offline   Reply With Quote