Old 01-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
me too! I especially like to go out in the AS when it is snowing or raining. Last summer we rolled out the awning and sat with our beverages in between yard work and and worked jig saw puzzles inside on the table. Even the dogs would pop in for a change. And if we are not in it I am likely over here on the forums.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
haven't yet. But that is only because they just delivered the Minuet this afternoon. Can't wait to go out and take a nap during a rain storm. The best sleep maker is rain on a tin roof. Looks like I will be in good company.

Royce (K0RKK) 146.460 simplex
Web page
AIR# 3913
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
janetb; I confess ! I, too, have been known to spend a Sunday (or any other day) afternoon/evening in the Airstream, which is parked behind my house, beside the garage.
I enjoy listening to the stereo, watching DVD's, reading, just about anything while relaxing in my "backyard clubhouse". Sometimes, on a sunny winter day, I'll just look out the window and "meditate" (that's daydream in layman's terms). Yes, even though I'm in the middle of Iowa, and the trailer is typically under a foot of snow during the winter months, I use the pretense of needing to plug it in to keep the battery charged. "Well, gee, I may as well turn on the heat for awhile, too."
There you have it. That's how it happens in the dead of winter.
Of course, when the temps moderate, I don't need such an alibi to hang-out in the Airstream (even if it is just steps from the back door of my home.)
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Ah. I love that.
It really is an incarnation of all those clubhouses and forts we had so much fun "hiding out" in as kids...
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:34 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Me too! Favorite thing to do in spare time,,, will cook, make bread ,, the peace and well being is overwhelming,, no matter what is going on outside,, is tranquil in the Stream,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #20
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
1968 30' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Mosheim , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Gotta Check Things Out

The Airstream is in the back yard. I have to keep everything in working order. It's possible the electric power or water may go out at the house. The A/S will be my bath, lights, and cooking refuge. The fridge will work too. But every now and then, I go out to the trailer, sit on the sofa, and remember that trip last summer to...............
Kevin with Baity the Lab/Pointer
//------AIR # 7303------\\
WBCCI 17109
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #21
Always Airstreaming!
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Originally Posted by janetb
We're sitting in the driveway, about 20' from the front door and a very decent and cozy living room with a great fireplace and a nice big TV. But where are we? Kicked back in the Rollertoaster with four little pooches nestled into their fleece blanket on the sofa. We both have our feet up, leaning against comfy pillows, laptop and magazines and wine at hand on the dinette, and watching the evening news...Are we experiencing early terminal Aluminitis or does this eventually go away?
Nothing wrong with that except making us New Englanders upset you west coasties! Right now it a warm 31F outside. Yesterday it was 14F.
J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #22
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I have Annie sitting beside my house, but the door opens up into the driveway so I can get in anytime I want. Even my "borrow" kids that I take camping bring dinner and sit at the table some times!

Yesterday I went to Camping World, because you know, I needed things...or a fix. Now I have to put them in their proper places today! It is addictive, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Kathy, Tommy, & Crew, Chattanooga, TN
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Hmmm, could this have a hidden meaning??? Maybe we really are all content with minimal accomodations. We really don't want those McMansions in gated communities. Just the other day, a friend said to me, "I wish I could sell all this and live on a desert island in a small camper trailer. That's all you really need."
2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Pick,, i totally agree,,, after accumulating stuff my entire life,, the minimalistic nature and orderliness of the Airstream brings the tranquility,, funny how life reverses priorites,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #25
Dr Joe
Central , South Carolina
You never ever really kick it! We went through two MH's and enjoyed them always -loved working on em - loved riding in em, and missing em bad! Even at our age (80+ nad 65+, we spend hours ogling and looking at for sale ads, etc., hankering to be on the raod again, but this time - a short (24 feet -) Vintage- A/S Trailer instead of another MH. The MH are great, but quite complicated to keep running and operating all systems. Trailer should be more like those recounted herein this thread.
Dr Joe & Winn
Emeritus Airstreamers
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #26
Happy Trails
2005 16' International CCD
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Delaware , Ohio
Even in the winter, with snow on the AS roof, it's great to crank up the furnace and when things are warmed up, just spend a little time in a clean, organized, neat place, unlike the rest of our living spaces. Sometimes, when we have friends over for dinner, we either have cocktails or desert in the Airstream. It always adds to the evening.
bhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
I have mine next to the house right now, leveled with the slideout extended. The in-laws are visiting. When they get to be too much I'll quietly move to the Airstream and watch a movie or read a book
TinShack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #28
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Although our A/S is in a storage yard I went over to it in the rain and fired up the heater plopped down on the couch and spent some quality time remembering Camps and Rallies and planning future adventures.

I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote