Old 11-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

In Pennsylvania we have the 4 seasons:
Winter
Still Winter
Almost Winter
Road Construction

The worst part is that with all the construction we still have potholes big enough to swallow Volkswagens.

Robert Louis Stevenson
LowellN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #44
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Ok... It's a Reciprocating Dingle Arm. Ror all of you who had wished this thread had died years ago... and perhaps even thought it had... here is the ACTUAL explanation of how that piece is used.

http://home.comcast.net/~steveham21/turbo.mpg

Roger

Old 04-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
What you do is look like your doing something with it. Its' light weight feature allows unlimited handling. Now - when your neighbors see you shufflng around your airstream with it- they will instantly know at first glance that you are 'doing something'.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Flamingo poop roof scraper
Old 04-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
I have one of those thingymadoodles too! It came with my trailer. I use it to hold the access hatch for the water pump open! I have already bumped it & got the door slammed on my head, so it does need perfecting for that. Rats! I thought I had that thing figured out! Maybe I'll try it out on my second stair (which I never use 'cause it seems flimsy)

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #48
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
No, no, no. You are all daft and haven't been keeping up with all of the new laws.

It's now a requirement for all Airstream trailer owners who have gotten a DUI while towing to have one of these included with their rig. You see, you're suppose to open the TV door with it by holding the handle of this special tool. If you can get the door open, then you've passed the first hurdle and are good to go onto the final part of the test. Now you're to turn the ignition on. If you can accomplish these two small, insignificant tests, then you're able to head down the road safely. The flamingo is included to witness that you've done it correctly.

Doh...

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Whats this???

Quote:
Hi, folks, I certainly should have asked about this at the forum rally in Ft. Desoto... but I've been toting this tool around in the trunk and have yet to figure out what I'm supposed to do with it. Humorous replies will be accepted, but what is it, really? Thanks, Lamar
I also have one of these that came with the 97 Legend that I just bought, when I looked at it I thought maybe it was something used to push the level blocks under the trailer to put the level jacks on. Then I noticed that it is the same width as the tires and wonderd if it was something that you use to scratch out a level spot in the ground for the chocks to go under the wheel.
Now that I have read this I am going to check the trailer and see if there is a spot under the body for it to use as a second step reinforcement thing.
I would really like to know, I am going to email the original owners of my trailer and see if they can give me some insight.

Sarge
Old 05-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
It's a hod carrier for senior citizens who can't carry much weight.

As a multi-use device it can be used with the stick with rope attached ( http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...hed-57167.html ) to create a Swinging Reciprocating Dingle Arm Reversitron Turbomodulator (batteries not included).

Gene
Old 05-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #51
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
Flamingo poop roof scraper
You have flamingos on your roof? Now THAT'S alarming.

Have you considered opening a flamingo viewing concession and selling tickets - could be a great draw at a rally

How to get flamingos off your roof:

Flamingos have a few natural predators and so capitalizing on this when trying to remediate a flamingo infestation is the easiest path towards keeping your environment free from invasive flamingos. Hyenas, wolves and bobcats are all known to prey on Flamingos, but feral pigs are their biggest foe.

Feral Pigs can be found in several regions of the US but are most commonly found on Great Inagua Island, in the Bahamas. Road Trip!!

You will need to take your rig to this location and park it for an extended period until the infestation has been removed. You may want to build a ramp to the roof for the pigs.

Try not to have too much fun

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Australian scientists have recently combined feral pig and kangaroo DNA and created a feral pigaroo which can jump as high as an Airstream roof top to eliminate those nasty flamingos. An unintended side effect of the DNA combination is excessive flatulence, but scientists are trying to harness the hydrogen sulphide for added propulsion. It is another lengthy road trip plus a ship crossing to Australia, but until the pigaroos are available here (customs bureaucracy is still a problem because of the fear the flatulence may be used for a bomb), a trip to Australia is your best option.

Good luck with your flamingo infestation.

Gene
Old 06-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
[QUOTE=SafeHarbor;181963]Hi, folks,

I certainly should have asked about this at the forum rally in Ft. Desoto... but I've been toting this tool around in the trunk and have yet to figure out what I'm supposed to do with it. Humorous replies will be accepted, but what is it, really? Thanks, Lamar

Lamar, I finally figured out the pole thing in the bottom of your picture as I have one too. It is a lower step brace, once your steps are down reach up between the upper and lower step with the round piece and it goes up and against the back, the angle rests against the lower step to brace both steps from moving.

Sarge
Old 06-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #54
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Are those the scientists who crossed the crocodile with the abalone? It sounds like the same guys who gave us the crocabalone.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
It's used to stiffen the bottom step on the classic models, jam it between the back of the bottom step and the bottom of the trailer/moho?

paula
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Paula, I am not sure if it does it on all trailers but when I placed mine behind the upper step and against the lower step the upper step actually rested against the bar as well and made both steps steadier.

Sarge