Home of the Wayward Wind

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Ours are gone! Never had seen them before those two-three nights and have not seen them since. Of course I am not sitting outside in the light now either so maybe they are there...waiting for a target.

I don't know if there is a "regulation" flash light tag but we were at someone's house when our children were small and this is what they did. Each child gets a flash light after dark and then they run and hide, usually around the perimeters of the house or behind bushes, or trees etc., and the person that is "it" has to find them and shine their light on them, (tag) at that point the tagged person is "it" as in a regular game of tag, and the others flee. This usually illicits lots of laughter and shrieks and is a fun activity for little ones. Or you can play it, catch one catch all, and then once you are tagged you join the tag team and the team goes after the others together until the last one is found. When the seekers can not find the hiders the hiders will either call out or flash their light for attention.

But my, I like the bug on a string flying idea, I just don't want to be the one to tie it on!!!

No lightning bugs here yet usually around the 4th of July they make their display here. I liked to catch them too but sometimes I used to step on them to see the glow stay lit.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Originally Posted by WayWard Wind
We call them tourist up here
You must live somewhere good then if the tourists are descending upon you bugging you. Tell us where and we will join them! LOL

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #18
Liquid Cooled
2014 16' Sport
Columbus , Indiana
June Bugs are Idiots

I tell my kids that June bugs are just flying idiots. They seem to have no ability to control their direction in flight. They just flap their wings and see what happens. They bounce off of stuff repeatedly until they happen to run into something edible... or a swimming pool, in which case that is the end of the bug.

RedSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #19
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
U Norty Girl...

Gwen...that realy sounds FUN, tho rather norty...LOL, Over Here I use My big torch 2 attract the MOTHS, jus as they get 2 the lamp,yep U guessed I turn it OFF... Hee Hee!!!... I used 2 get Earwigs & get them 2 lock on2 My lips & other parts of My body, It was a good Chick puller...LOL, I stopped doin it when I Swallowed one... I swear the sod nipped Me all the down, until it finaly made it's escape a couple of days later...LOL...
I Luv these lttl stories Mmm I wonder if it will work with WASPS...Chris.....

It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote