Old 02-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I made it two times!
Both when I was a kid and still lovable - I think I'm too ugly for TV now.
I made it on the Uncle Al Show and the Bob Braun show which were both local shows in Cincinnati.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
As a curator and director for a museum in a large metropolitan area, I get propped up in front of a camera for local news shows and specials on area attractions, local PBS and education channel programs, and the occasional made-for-the-History Channel-documentary and C-SPAN 2 -type stuff related to specific cars or locomotives we have in the collection. My favorites are the mornings when a local morning show wants to start filming at the museum at 4:30 AM. Yuck...

But I did manage to get our Tradewind in the local PBS channel's production on streamlining, and that was pretty cool...it looked much better on TV than I did.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Many years ago, when I labored in commercial construction, there was a particular downtown site next to an existing building. I remember a couple of really attractive women entering that building every morning.

When the break-time whistle blew, I used to wander over to a shaded spot, peel my shirt off, and drink a can of soda.

Later on, one of my friends mentioned he had seen me drinking my soda in a Diet Coke commercial with the good-looking girls watching from above.

Actually, I was on the Bozo show out of Nashville, TN in the early seventies.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Honeymooners Trivia Contest

I got on TV (Ch. 11 in the NYC area) in the late '80s at a Honeymooners trivia contest held at the Racoon Lodge in Greenwich Village.

As an aside - my bro-in-law Rob was on the Today Show this morning. He is a roadie with the NY Philharmonic who performed last night in N Korea.

In the video Rob is the one discussing the size of the flags...

msnbc.com Video Player
Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
You won't get it, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTex
We, and our Excella, were in a Food Channel show; Sandra Lee Semi Homemade or something like that. The AS was featured, we can be seen swimming in the pond in the background. It was a "camping theme" cooking episode.
Recently (last week) they have been using our property to film a Richard Geere movie -Hachicko (childrens film about a dog) our Home and most likely our Excella will be visible. Don't know when it will hit the (big) screen. Probabaly not until this winter, or later...

Bill
Get your wife to post the answer to this one.... Is Richard Geere as cute in person?

Paula
Old 02-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #34
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Sooper link!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I made a few comments for the local PBS station when they did a special on Airstream's.

Here's the link to the site. Scroll down and click on Airstream trailers to view the program.

:: KETC Channel 9 :: Living St. Louis Video Archive

Jack
Really enjoyed that link Jack, kinda puts my appearance with Buffalo Bob

in it's place!

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
I made a few comments for the local PBS station when they did a special on Airstream's.

Here's the link to the site. Scroll down and click on Airstream trailers to view the program.

Jack
That was cool, Jack! Thanks for sharing! I played fiddle on the TODAY Show back in the early '80s. They filmed one of those feel-good documentary shorts about the town of Gorda, CA that was for sale. I was managing the Gorda store at the time and they conned me into breaking out the fiddle. I played a little Irish diddy called "Wearin' o the Green. I still have the original broadcast on videotape somewhere.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
As an ER doc, I've given quite a few local news interviews on medical topics like heat illness, cold injury prevention, bioterrorism and various epidemic illnesses. I have one that got picked up by the Discovery Channel and continued to air concerning a local H.S. football team that was struck by lightening coming in from practice.
WBCCI/VAC #8481
AIR #9
W9CDC
.-- ----. -.-. -.. -.-.
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
That was the coolest!

Quote:

Jack
Jack, that was an interesting piece. Thanks for posting that.

Two quick local news shots for me ~ once during the grand opening of one of our hospital facilities and once handling a K9 during a search.

And one somewhat notorious news appearance for my Airstream. Without my knowledge, it was picked for the background prop when interviewing camper reactions to TVA's mishandling of blackwater waste in the park.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
When I was 13 I snuck into Soupy Sales' studio in Manhattan during a live filming and almost got on TV. White Fang and Black Tooth live!!.

I met my wife in high school when she was dating Eric Estrada, also in HS in NYC. Here's some trivia for you Eric Estrada was Henry Esposito. It was either him or me. I won, and my wife and I are still together.

Do I get any brownie points?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet My 15 Seconds of Fame

Back in the ’80s, I made hand-made kaleidoscopes and sold them at arts and crafts shows. A local station filmed me turning the eyepieces and aired that. It then went to pbs somehow and was seen nationally, but I still have never seen it.

The one time I have seen myself on TV was even further back in the ’70s. I finished 13th out of about 300 2 years consecutively in a 10k in Amarillo. The second time, the TV station show the winner crossing the finish line, then me. For days I had people coming up and saying, “You finished 2nd, congratulations!”
Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic
When I was 13 I snuck into Soupy Sales' studio in Manhattan during a live filming and almost got on TV. White Fang and Black Tooth live!!.

I met my wife in high school when she was dating Eric Estrada, also in HS in NYC. Here's some trivia for you Eric Estrada was Henry Esposito. It was either him or me. I won, and my wife and I are still together.

Do I get any brownie points?
Without knowing you, I still say she got the best end of the deal!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Talking Not very exciting.....

Wow, so many interesting experiences in front of the camera!

The only one I remember was being 4 and riding the kids train at the Mid America Fair in Topeka. The local new crew filmed a variety of things to do at the fair; the train was one of them and I was waving to everyone.

Of course I was a curly blonde haired, chubby cheeked, adorable little thing.... with matching hair ribbons.... but that was in 1953....

Now I'm gray and chubby everywhere... but I'm still adorable.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #42

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot
Jack, that was an interesting piece. Thanks for posting that.
Thanks. The station did a pretty good job using some of the Airstream PR films. I went down to see the display at the Gallery with no idea that I was going to end up on TV. I've put this on DVD and it's been one of the Airstream videos that we show at Moraine View each year.

That Airstream in the background of my first interview was owned by Vic Smith a.k.a. Startrekker2001. He happened to be passing through St. Louis, drove over to the Gallery to see the display. They ended up asking him to pull his trailer on the display lot to be part of the show. He's got one beautiful vintage unit.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/memb...2001-1055.html

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote