Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Sounds of Silence

I like to just sit inside and listen to the rain on the roof. If it's not raining then I go get the sprinkler out of the garage and make my own "rain" and go back in to listen some more! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
I like to just sit inside and listen to the rain on the roof. If it's not raining then I go get the sprinkler out of the garage and make my own "rain" and go back in to listen some more! Ed
Hi Ed,

You're too funny!!!..when I hear rain on the roof, I wonder if I'll be able to sleep with all that drip, drip dripping noise!!..I wonder if it might leak too!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:49 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Yep!

Go get out the earplugs and the plastic pails to catch the leaks in!!!! My kingdom for a tube of parbond or vulkem. lol, Ed
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 08-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Go get out the earplugs and the plastic pails to catch the leaks in!!!! My kingdom for a tube of parbond or vulkem. lol, Ed
Actually, we've never had any leaks from above, so I guess I'm safe for a while!..last 2 nites, when there was nothing on the tv, I put in my videos of I Love Lucy..loved the Hollywood episode w/William Holden and Harpo Marx,..oops, showing my taste for the silly stuff again!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:14 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Maybe...

That might be a new thread topic....Vintage TV shows you watch in your Vintage trailers. We may just have stumbled onto something here! Ed

P.S. I need one more post to get my 4th rivet...(I think)
Old 08-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #26
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi jp,Got home from a 2 niter at the Coast..new fix-ums for use to do..[/LIST]
ha! NOW yer talkin! the small stuff's kinda fun to fix, it's the big stuff that hurts... doors flinging open, belly pan parts flying off to see the sun for the first time...

... all part of the fun!

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Santa Catalina Island , California
We love kickin' back in our Bambi. Seem to have our best conversations there. Also enjoy reading--hate to admit it but since we are newbies to AS our reading material also includes the AS manuals! So much to learn! That aside, we seem to be most at peace in our TT! Gearing up for a month-long trek from California to Idaho, through Oregon and Washington. Can't wait!
AIR #14503
"We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. . . Only when this is recognized can the blown-in-the-glass bum relax and go along with it." ~John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley, in Search of America
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We've been working jigsaw puzzles in the AS. That is so relaxing.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
I personally like to stay up late to watch the videos then wake up late (8:30am) just lazing and relaxing in bed..this is my time. then I'll get up and make breakfast for us..during the afternoon, I like to sit outside if it's good weather and put on some cds to while away the time..otherewize , I'll listen inside, then start to bake pies, cakes, brownies, etc. for dessert.

I want to know also how many of you actually live in your Air only? or stay in your Air more than a few weeks at a time?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
I veg.
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #31
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
...or stay in your Air more than a few weeks at a time?
only when the wife kicks me out of the house!

jp

• • •
• • • • •
8576 • • • • • • • •
there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #32
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
I use the inside time to download digital pics and put my feet up. It seems as though we are ready for some R&R in the twinkie after a full day of daytripping. Usually we plot our next days adventure before calling it a day.

We carry a box of movies that we watch if we have the time. (You know the ones that you can watch a hundred times and enjoy them as much as the first time you saw them.....Blazing Saddles, Last Man Standing, The Good, Bad, and Ugly, etc.) When it's raining we just laze on the sofa or in bed and enjoy the sound of the drops on the aluminum and recharge for the next day's adventure. (Also a good time to add a entry in our travel journal for that day!!!)

The only problem is that it seems there is never enough downtime to just relax and veg. So much to see, so little time!

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Merry-Can
only when the wife kicks me out of the house!

jp
verrryy funny jp
Old 08-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
[quote=razorback]I use the inside time to download digital pics and put my feet up. It seems as though we are ready for some R&R in the twinkie after a full day of daytripping. Usually we plot our next days adventure before calling it a day.

Hi Razorback: Well, I haven't graduated to another computer like a portable laptop..what kind of computer do you have?..

We carry a box of movies that we watch if we have the time. (You know the ones that you can watch a hundred times and enjoy them as much as the first time you saw them.....Blazing Saddles, Last Man Standing, The Good, Bad, and Ugly, etc.)
I carry a bag full of vhs videos also..a couple of years ago when we went cross country to Wisconsin, I started collecting ones at gas stations, Wal-Mart, etc..even at Yellowstone where I picked up a whole collection of Gunsmoke, Palladin, Rawhide Annie Oakley and Hop a Long Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Trigger (Dale too)ones as well as Detective series ones like Dragnet..also Gladiator w/Russell Crowe, Dirty Dancing and Ghost w/Patrick Swayze, and the Classic I Love Lucy ones..they sure come in handy when the reception or hookups aren't available!!!

When it's raining we just laze on the sofa or in bed and enjoy the sound of the drops on the aluminum and recharge for the next day's adventure.

When it rains, I find things to read or I play checkers and cards w/my husband..he doesn't like to play w/me 'cause he loses and I end up not playing w/him 'cause he cheats!!!..
Old 08-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #35
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
codybear:

Hi Razorback: Well, I haven't graduated to another computer like a portable laptop..what kind of computer do you have?..

Before we hit the road I bought a Dell 600m laptop that hooks up to wireless automatically. If we don't have a modem or wireless at the RV park, I go to a McDonald's, Burger King, Starbucks or a motel that advertises free internet and can usually get a hookup in the parking lot. Its handy for checking email and looking up local attractions. It works out great for storing pictures and keeping in touch with family. Before we starting Airstreaming I converted all of our home utilities, cell phone bills, and our traveling credit card acount to where I can pay it all by computer as well as access and keep track of our bank account. We also keep our directory of addresses and phone numbers in it. Sure makes life on the road easier.

When it rains, I find things to read or I play checkers and cards w/my husband..he doesn't like to play w/me 'cause he loses and I end up not playing w/him 'cause he cheats!!!..[/quote]
We haven't tried cards on the road yet as at home it usually ends up in an argument over the rules or whether a straight beats a flush, so living in a smaller space thats probably a good thing. (I have been falsely accused of cheating before but it seems like it is only when I win!) lol

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote