Old 02-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

2005 25' Safari
Minneapolis , Minnesota
What should we expect to pay?

Hi everyone!
We are newbies and just purchased a 2005 Safari SE. We are looking into renting some land this summer on a short term, monthly basis vs setting up at a campsite (for a number of reasons). We would use it on weekends and whenever we can get away. Long term, we plan on hitting the road, but for now this will work. We posted an inquiry online and found someone with a lovely piece of land that has electric and water in a quiet area about 2 hours from our home in Minneapolis. There are hiking trails and a little town about 15 min away.

My question, what is the "going rate" for a monthly rental like this? I really have no idea what would be fair. It appears that monthly campsites that can run 600-700 a month, should we start a bit below that?

Any advice or guidance is appreciated.

shells bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
What should we expect to pay?

Land rent is a very local issue (compare San Francisco with Iowa, for example). A local real estate or leasing agent might be able to give you some comps. One thing you didn't mention was sewage. How do you plan to get rid of that if you're going to be there all summer?

McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #3

2005 25' Safari
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Thanks for the suggestion McDave. There is a chemical toilet onsite as one option. We are also looking into purchasing a tote. Since we will be coming/going on the weekends, we thought we could fill up the tote when the tank is needing it and then find a dumpsite on our way out of camp.
shells bells is offline   Reply With Quote