Old 07-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Evil business + money = it's all good...

Ya know, profiting from slave labor is wrong...

Then again.. slave labor is wrong, too.. just in case ya missed the implied..

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
Well, I guess you never got off on Brock Rd to investigate, but a little detective work on Google Earth reveals it is an indicator for a Ride Share Lot... Two businessmen riding together saves money (HEART). It would have helped if you had told us which overpass... took me awhile to determine it was Brock Rd. Ontario has a rather well developed rideshare/carpool program and you can sign up online.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4521...7mVOIC6vpQ!2e0
I get on and off at that interchange frequently and knew that the Carpool lot was there but never made the connection. Your idea makes sense in some ways, but if that's the case I wonder why that symbol doesn't appear for westbound traffic or at any other 401 interchange. I drive the 401 frequently and many interchanges have carpool lots but I've never seen this anywhere else. It also doesn't explain the devil's tail that Air Cruiser noticed. I looked again today when I went by and it does appear to be a tail.

Thanks,
Grant

1946 Spartan Manor
1954 Va-Ka-Shun-Ette
1964 Overlander
1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper
1974 Sovereign
2005 F-350 SRW 4x4 crew cab long box
TAC ON-5
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Fernandina Beach , Florida
I would think that the signage would be showing in the direction of the morning commute. That would seem to be the right side (east bound).

As you've said yourself, the graffiti seems to be evolving, so perhaps the tail was an enhancement added by a mischievous vandal. Kinda like drawing a mustache on a politician's campaign poster. What struck me was how professional the "graffiti" looked, so wouldn't be surprised at all if the original was "official".

One last thought, the town of Guelph is home to many accomplished cartoon and comic book artists, so maybe it was commissioned, or maybe it really is graffiti.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
As long as we are on the topic, what symbol would you use to indicate a good boondocking location? We know the little campground "trailer" symbol on highway signs, but what would you use to indicate a "less official" stayover opportunity? I am thinking a combination of a pirate flag and a van/trailer...
Old 07-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
I think it's a man trolling for a man. For $.
How large is the graffiti sign? I think the man's halo and tail were added later. Look closely and they are not as precise as the man, 2, $, =, or heart.
Is this one 'good' man and one 'bad' man plus $ and that equals an expression of "love"?
Or is each man both part angel and part devil?
Personally, if I were a guy, looking at that ... I'd think ... $ doesn't equal love. I'm out of here.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 07-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
One other point of interest: Why is the "+" sign in red, and not black as the rest of the "graffiti"? There must be some sort of symbolism in that, or why go to the trouble to change colors?

Deb
Old 07-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #21
NO HUMBLE OPINION

1968 20' Globetrotter
ANN ARBOR , THE GREAT LAKES
This thread is quite revealing.

Rorschach would have loved it.... He would have had a holiday interpreting our “perceptions” of the image...

Rorschach test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But then, who needs a psychologist, when we have Airforums to analyze our issues??

So far, I'm certain that's not a dollar sign, it's clearly a unicorn seahorse. Why the Navy salvage diver is wearing a suit, I can't figure. He must want to capture her, and put her in his suitcase. The red starfish has already lost an arm protecting her backside while the two eels shield her from the Band-Aid patched Goodyear Marathon with bulging sidewalls and separating tread.

It's a very complex and threatening situation....
Old 07-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
A Jewish friend of mine told me of "yetzer ha tov" (the good intent) and "yetzer ha ra" (the evil intent - which isn't really "evil" but is the driving force behind building anything including progeny).

So I'm going to guess the space helmet is really a halo and the tail is original to the graffiti. It means when you embrace your full intent for good and to build the future - and you invest your wealth there - that makes the world a better place.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Well, I'd like to amend my post. It does have something to do with the car park, and as others have alluded to, Gay Men... Its a hook-up spot that is documented on at least one Gay board for providing such info... which I found with a google search. The description is pretty graphic so I won't post a ink.

Seems this lot is open 24 hours and apparently not well patrolled.... Enter at your own risk. This sort of behavioral phenomenon is pretty common around College towns.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Gee - and my guess was so close....
Old 07-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
SteveSueMac -- I liked your guess better.

Deb
Old 07-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Sorry, I reread my post and realized I didn't finish my thoughts......

I liked your guess better than what was discovered by Tomzstream thru a Google search, "Enter at your own risk" sounds a little scary to me.

Deb