Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
What Does "Live Riveted" Mean to You?

Good morning. As I sipped my coffee this morning and prepared for the day, I opened my laptop and signed on to the forums. Outside the sun was shining and the snow sparkled and the thermometer read -12 degrees Fahrenheit. Despite the bone chilling cold, today promises to be a good day. Why wouldn't it?

There is so much negativity in the world, and yes, even here on the forums. So today I am closing the window on the negative and opening the door for the positive. I'll turn off the network news and stay away from Facebook. The only forum thread I will read today is this one so fill it with good. Today will be a good day. Why shouldn't it be?

How am I living the "Live Riveted Manifesto" today? I'm shutting out negativity and focusing on the positive things in life.
How about you?

Check out this link to remind yourself of what we're all here for. Take a moment to reflect, let in the good and share it with me.
Airstream, Inc :: Live Riveted
VtTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
Positivity rocks :-)
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
Living Easy

I am looking out at the snow coming down right now but there is no sun to go with it. The forecast looks pretty grim for the next couple days. Warnings about everything including possible power outages and the like.

No problem, feeling good. I just filled up the gas tank on my Honda 2000 genny and placed it between my Streams. All covered up and ready.

Reallllllyyyyy Living Riveted !!!
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1957 30' Sovereign of the Road
1959 28' Ambassador
1949 24' Limited
Peru , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtTim View Post
Good morning. As I sipped my coffee this morning and prepared for the day, I opened my laptop and signed on to the forums. Outside the sun was shining and the snow sparkled and the thermometer read -12 degrees Fahrenheit. Despite the bone chilling cold, today promises to be a good day. Why wouldn't it?

There is so much negativity in the world, and yes, even here on the forums. So today I am closing the window on the negative and opening the door for the positive. I'll turn off the network news and stay away from Facebook. The only forum thread I will read today is this one so fill it with good. Today will be a good day. Why shouldn't it be?

How am I living the "Live Riveted Manifesto" today? I'm shutting out negativity and focusing on the positive things in life.
How about you?

Check out this link to remind yourself of what we're all here for. Take a moment to reflect, let in the good and share it with me.
Airstream, Inc :: Live Riveted
Well, it is nice & warm over there, -30 this morning in Saranac Lake NY. I've never looked at -12 before in such a positive way.
Colin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtTim View Post
How about you?
Basic social pleasantries can accentuate the positive, one encounter at a time.
Someone says, "Good to see you!" I reply, "Good to be seen!"
Someone says, "How are you?" I reply "Never better!"
Someone says, "Have a nice day!" I reply "They're ALL nice days!"
Someone says, "Take it easy!" I reply, "There's no other way!"
Social pleasantries are normally white noise, words without meaning spoken out of force of habit. But when you respond with something different than they expect to hear, it makes them stop and think about what you said, so if you're feeling good, they can't help but feel a bit better as well. Unless they're one of those naturally gloomy people who aren't happy unless no one's happy. But even those folks can't dampen my enthusiasm for still being on the green side of the grass.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
My view is a bit simplistic and cliche but works for me.

I have never had a day or met anyone who didn't have a lot to be thankful for but are our eyes open.

Life is good all the time: Moments are difficult. Times are hard. The world is complicated. Relationships can be trying. Money is tight. Illness is cruel.

The sun rises every day and a new experience awaits you. Are you riveted.?

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote