Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Bought a broken IN Interstate after previous owners fixed anything needing fixing, and experienced the initial monetary loss when driving it off the lot. 35000 miles later it only gets better and better. Love well designed and cared for diesels and the HIGH QUALITY of my Airstream Sprinter Interstate.
unifreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Rapid City , South Dakota
My only regret is buying an AS in the first place. I have had nightmare after nightmare. Since Thor took over, customer service is just a title on their website. They couldn't care less what issues you have once you drive off the lot.
Chick Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
What do you regret about your first Airstream purchase?

Nothing.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Tyler , Texas
We bought the most trailer we could afford at the time and ordered at the show, both of us still like the twin beds (longest stretching possible) in our 25 foot Safari on the road but sleep in a king at home and even though we discarded the stock killer couch we retained the stock fold away table which works with our comfortable club chairs. If you plan on summer vacations or hot locations, upgrade the BTU's on the AC. The kids may enjoy a trip now and then but remember it may be mom and dad mostly. The 25 is a nice towable size for two but crowded with four and a dog so with that you'll want more space and storage. From experience with other tow vehicles, I wouldn't go with less than a diesel truck (F250 or equivalent) and if you have the choice and opportunity make it a 4x2. You'll find the power wonderful in the mountains and otherwise when not. Use load range E tires and fill them according to whether you are towing or not towing for a nice ride. I've regretted nothing about the purchase of our coach.
Alice&Billis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #65
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
Like others, our biggest regret was not doing it sooner. We moved from motorhomes to the AS.
Edistobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We have a 2014 27 EB w/ dual air conditioners, solar pkg and full awning.... No regrets camping this hot very hot summer.
We would have regretted getting a camper with only a single AC.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #67
4 Rivet Member

Rockingham , North Carolina
I've heard that enough times to listen. Deuce AC's it will be. We are in NC and one of the many reasons we decided to get an Airstream was to extend our camping season. The older I get, the less attractive being sticky in a tent is. We avoid camping 3-4 months each summer as is.

Dan

"The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask."

- Nancy Newhall
Danattherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

Rockingham , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice&Billis View Post
We bought the most trailer we could afford at the time and ordered at the show, both of us still like the twin beds (longest stretching possible) in our 25 foot Safari on the road but sleep in a king at home and even though we discarded the stock killer couch we retained the stock fold away table which works with our comfortable club chairs. If you plan on summer vacations or hot locations, upgrade the BTU's on the AC. The kids may enjoy a trip now and then but remember it may be mom and dad mostly. The 25 is a nice towable size for two but crowded with four and a dog so with that you'll want more space and storage. From experience with other tow vehicles, I wouldn't go with less than a diesel truck (F250 or equivalent) and if you have the choice and opportunity make it a 4x2. You'll find the power wonderful in the mountains and otherwise when not. Use load range E tires and fill them according to whether you are towing or not towing for a nice ride. I've regretted nothing about the purchase of our coach.

Thank you. We are buying tow vehicle first, researching that now. Appreciate the insights.

Dan

"The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask."

- Nancy Newhall
Danattherock is offline   Reply With Quote