Old 12-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Dan&Barb, I laughed at the thumbnails above! The question is, did Ernie tear open ONLY his own gift? Our daughter has a Jack Russell also, and he isn't known in the family for his restraint! I'm surprised you caught Ernie still in the third photo. Happy New Year!

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 11:23 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
New Years Eve

As we have done for more many years, this year again we will be attending a house concert at the home of a good friend. There, we will have an evening of great music by 3 outstanding Austin musicians who could make a lot more money performing in some smokey venue full of drunks but would much rather perform for less money in a quiet, non-smoking room full of good friends. They, and we, will know everyone there.

There will be a pot-luck before and during the breaks and it will end soon after midnight so that we can make the relatively short trek home before the majority of the drinkers hit the roads.

Here's to a safe New Years celebration for all.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:28 PM   #31
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Right there with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
What a great idea, Shari, I think we'll celebrate Christmas in the Caravel too!

Oh wait, maybe that's not such a good idea!

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Stef,
Right there with you.....

Aaron
Attached Images

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:24 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

New Year Rally

We are leaving tomorrow for Mystic Springs Airstream Park. There's a rally there over New Years weekend. This is our annual work rally where we fix things at the campground. Weather is supposed to warm up after yesterday's snow and sleet. Come on to the rally if you can make it. All Airstreamers are welcome.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #33
Dan&Barb 25'Safari FB/SE

2006 25' Safari FB SE
La Mesa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Dan&Barb, I laughed at the thumbnails above! The question is, did Ernie tear open ONLY his own gift? Our daughter has a Jack Russell also, and he isn't known in the family for his restraint! I'm surprised you caught Ernie still in the third photo. Happy New Year!
Actually I set him up in that third shot...he was finally exhausted and thankfully ready to sleep so I set toys around him! This is our second JR, and they are full of beans, especially this year old pup! He doesn't tear our stuff up anymore, but grabs whatever he thinks will make a good trade for a treat....or I'm sure he would still absolutely tear it to shreads....so Santa brings him lots of toys! We really enjoy his quiet time!!

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Old 12-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Headin' for Pasadena..

We're off tomorrow for trek to Pasadena (Maybe or maybe not via I-5 and Grapevine, depending on storms and chain requirements...) to join WBCCI Rally and Parade events... Drive is ~ 300 miles depending on route. Sounds like fun way to watch floats get made (and perhaps actually get suckered into making them..) plus other events in LA area, and then sidewalk seats to watch parade go by on Colorado Blvd, far downstream from TV crews and big crowds...

Practicing dry-camp procedures, and fueling up new Honda generator for the occasion... (Blue Tank, Open-flame toaster, teapot on stove v. coffee-maker, inverter for TV, etc etc... ). May have to do some quick shopping for mud shoes, as rains appear to be settling in for entire week... At least we won't miss the A/C...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:04 PM   #35

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Well we got through Christmas ok. One of my new toys is a 15" Sharp LCD TV that will become the trailer TV. I'm not sure about a wall mount at this point. We will bring the Classic home from storage this weekend (unfortunately not to be packing for warmer climes) and see how it works. We also will spend a few hours emptying out all the kitchen drawers and prepare to bring the trailer to the dealer for warranty work the week following.

First will be the axle recall fix, then replacing a pocket door that has been messed up by a wayward nail (or screw) in the pocket. Also to fix will be the kitchen drawers that won't stay closed, and a noisy water pump. I passed by the dealership on Christmas day and noticed a large banner out front saying "now hiring". I hope it isn't for service personnel.....

Let's just hope it stays dry for the next week or so and only experienced hands touch my trailer.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Likewise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
One of my new toys is a 15" Sharp LCD TV that will become the trailer TV. I'm not sure about a wall mount at this point.
Jack
I gave myself the same 15" Sharp LCD TV for Xmas although it hasn't arrived yet; I sold my mandola and some of the cash went for the new TV. The balance should buy the mount.

Like you, I'm not at all sure of how to mount it as yet. The wall is mirrored and I probably can't remove the mirrors wiyhout destroying the finish, so I'll probably want to swing it from the cradenza top. I'll have to research mounts over the next few weeks. In the meantime, the included tripod should suffice to try it out.

Next trip is to the WBCCI Mid-Winter IBT Rally at Montgomery, TX starting 1/10. They have cable, so there should be a good test of the new TV.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Chianti. I was in Key West on a hot winter day. Stopped in a curbside Italian cafe. Ordered something traditional Italian and a glass of Chianti. I asked the waiter if they had it chilled, he said he would find out. He came back with a confused look on his face and said that they only served it cool not chilled. I said fine bring it too me cool and a glass of ice too, and I promise I won't tell on you.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:56 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I'm not allowed to use them. I map the route and tell Carol the approximate area in which I want to stay, she takes it from there. She uses Trailer Life and the internet. We have been disappointe only twice in all of our stays. One was is West Virginia and the other was in South Carolina just off I-85. The internet usually gives very good pictures of the campground.

Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote