Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We watched the latest Star Trek with guests from out of town with a break to watch the ball drop in Times Square. When it's midnight in NYC, we consider it midnight here. Made it to close to local midnight.

We had 5" of snow by yesterday morning and it was beautiful here. Snow covered trees and mountains and a snow covered Airstream.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
If we were still in New England, last night would have been spent in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace, a few drinks and little snacks and a couple of books. Of course all of the animals would be enjoying the fire with us. However, because we are in Florida and it was quite warm outside, we went over to the neighbors' "porch party" where we joined about five other couples for a potluck snacking and cocktail delight. (of course my cocktail was sparkling water with lemon since I don't have alcohol). The night came to the inside to watch the ball drop in NY and see Dick Clark- looking quite embalmed- trying to count down. The New Yorkers looks chilly and my husband seemed to be a bit sad since he's leaving on a plane tomorrow to head back to CT and the cold. All in all, it was a good year. Lots of changes but most were good ones. Looking forward to the next turn down the road in 2010!

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Did some forums reading, read some vintage street scenes (still doing that actually, just got to page 40 and gladly more to go) and made it all the way to shortly after 9 PM and then had to hit the sack. Donna made it till midnight as usual. Now that is the kind of NYE I enjoy. Quiet, early to bed, good reading up till then. Happy New Years everyone. Glad to see we are not the only ones who enjoy a good New Years at home in the company of each other, our pets (Smokey Bear the cat is always glad to have us around serving him in any manner he wishes) and snacking.

Barry & Donna
Life is short - so is the door on a '51 Flying Cloud (ouch)
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
We gave up the big parties and staying up late years ago. I got tired of feeling like I was ran over by a freight train the next day. we both had two beers, sea food dinner, and a fire. What ever happend to the Marx brothers movies on new years ever night. I remember those when I was a kid.

Brian & Adrienne
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
I went to a New Year's Eve party once and hated it. Too many people, getting too drunk, too rowdy, insane, too cold. There are 364 other nights I could go out without having to deal with that. Ever since then I've stayed at home, warm and snug with the cats and husband, a glass or two of wine and watched the ball drop in NYC, maybe with a good friend or two.

Then the next day, New Year's day brunch open house at my daughter's house with wonderful food, good wine and great conversation with good friends. That's my kind of New Year's celebration!

Wishing a wonderful New Year to everyone!
Jim and Sandy

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Woke up about 5 minutes til new years. Woke hubby, grabbed two sparklers, flipped on the tv in time to watch the ball drop and hear from Dick Clark, yelled happy new year out the door but all was quiet. So much the high life for us.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote