Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Red face We got our Airstream!!!!

We won the bid on a 1966 Tradewind on ebay last night. We have been looking everywhere for "OUR" rig for over a year and when I saw this Tradewind I believed it was "the one."

Guess it is, because we are now in a euphoric state of debt and bliss. We pick it up Thursday in Charlotte, NC.

oboy oboy oboy!
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Happy Dance!! We're about to buy a 67 Tradewind. We haven't seen ours either (in person) Let's keep in touch!
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Congratulations! Can you feel the ripple of joy through the Forum? We've all been there or "wanna be"! Happy travels
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
What do i do about my login now? I could just change the philosophy behind it, that Airstreams give hopefulness, or some lame thing like that...
Old 04-25-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamhopeful
What do i do about my login now? I could just change the philosophy behind it, that Airstreams give hopefulness, or some lame thing like that...

Congrats!

Send a PM to a moderator (Me or Insideout) with the new name you would like and the change can be made for you.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
OK now I'll have to think of some logins...there's the 67TW24 type, or maybe pinkflamingos, since my friends are all teasing me about buying some for the area outside the trailer door (little do they know I already own two), hey...I think I like that.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:44 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
I like the Pinkflamingos handle. I would keep it. It is unique and stands out. And you have a great Avitar to boot.

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Smile new name: pinkflamingos

"pinkflamingos" is a great name! I was reading your earlier posts, about going to get yours, and feeling envious of you. And now I am going to get mine!

We have a great bluegrass festival in NC this coming weekend that we have been attending for about 10 years. We always stay in a motel....

BUT NOW! We are picking up the rig on Thursday and going to a campground!

I am inside out, I'm so excited.

Congrats on your new name. I am sticking with "Penguin" but I have already changed my profile from "want one" to "got one"!

Yes, let's stay in touch. Now I am only envious of you for your proximity to Andy at Inland RV!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:29 PM   #9
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin
"pinkflamingos" is a great name! I was reading your earlier posts, about going to get yours, and feeling envious of you. And now I am going to get mine!

Yes, let's stay in touch. Now I am only envious of you for your proximity to Andy at Inland RV!
Remember, no matter where you are, Andy is only a phone call, and a UPS truck, away!
Congratulations to both of you.
And now, a Public Service message:
Remember these rigs are long, wide and tall. Be careful with them till you get used to the size, it is generally frowned upon to knock down service station canopies and awnings with them.
Terry
Old 04-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
woohoo!

congrats to da boat a yas! now the saga begins......
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:05 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
new name/pink flamingos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin

We have a great bluegrass festival in NC this coming weekend that we have been attending for about 10 years. We always stay in a motel....

BUT NOW! We are picking up the rig on Thursday and going to a campground!

I am inside out, I'm so excited.

Congrats on your new name. I am sticking with "Penguin" but I have already changed my profile from "want one" to "got one"!

Yes I've heard about this guy...I only wish we had proximity to the A/S we're about to go get...

I thought my old nickname would stay on my old posts, but I guess they all change, even the old posts. Well for those who are looking for airstreamhopeful, I'm now a big skinny pink bird with knobby knees.

It was my husband's 40th birthday this weekend, we threw a big barbecue, and we got flamingo'd (someone planted 25 plastic pink flamingos all over the front lawn).

It's a sign. It's 25 signs. Pinkflamingo it is!

one question though, is it "pink flamingos" or "pink flamingoes"?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
take it from a state champion speller...

... though that was Lo, those many years ago...

but flamingos & flamingoes are each correct, with both of them listed in different sources as the first plural, meaning that it is the preferred one.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:35 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
Penguin, Congrats on the new (soon to be) addition to your (and our Airstream) family!
I can imagine your excitement. 'Hope your trailer brings you many happy travels.

Pinkflamingos, You, too, have cause to rejoice as you anticipate your new arrival! Now, given the circumstances, don't worry about the proper spelling: once you hit the road with your trailer, it seems appropriate to consider the spelling of Pinkflamingoes.
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:05 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
hey!...are you.... two birds of a feather?.....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:37 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Pinkflamingos (that's an original) and Penguin,

Sooooooo excited for you two! Know just how you feel!!

Good luck to the both of you on your new TT purchase. Excited to have you join the AS club. I have to say that this is an exciting club, with a lot of wonderful members. I am glad to be a part of it. We purchased our AS on April 2nd, 2004. Our maiden voyage will be driving 600 miles to Washington, DC on May 16th. Anybody interested in meeting us there, please e-mail us. Would love to meet members of our AS family.

Happy Streamin'

Gail

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:04 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Congratulations!

We've had our Airstream about a month. It's a 1968 Overlander, that we got off eBay. I've been reading this forum, so I knew the things to check (like don't buy a trailer site unseen). As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew it was "the one", and logic went out the window. So, we drove to St. Louis to pick it up.

The previous post is right about gas station canopies. We mostly stuck to the interstate to access stations that catered to trucks. No going through the drive-thru at McDonalds, you have to find an "out of the way" place to park. On campgrounds...you'll want to stick to pull through spots, until you get the hang of backing.

This is a wonderful family. You'll meet a great bunch of people!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
The 3 weeks from the time we contacted the seller until he delivered our Safari (he was passing through anyway) was just about the longest of my life. The anticipation, the doubt, the anxieties...
We've had it almost a month now, and while it wasn't exactly in as good shape as the seller promised - it has no problems we can't fix. The PO didn't have it very long, and I suspect it is because he wasn't up doing plumbing repairs and stuff. Or maybe he just didn't want to be bothered.

The first big thing was getting a rock guard. We went down to Mecca - aka Inland RV in Corona - on Friday afternoon and $600+ later, we had our guard, and a few 'extras', mostly replacement seals for windows, ext door, screens, etc. So glad we were able to go down and talk to Andy in person: on his advice, before attaching the guard, we removed the front window and replaced the seal, the 'fuzzies' on the screen, and filled in the PO's extra holes. I would hate to have had to reseal it at later date with the guard on. Those little 'extras' sure add up though! Also Andy had the pressure relief valve for the water heater, so that leak is fixed too. We are ready to roll, the rest of the fixes can be done as time (and camping schedules) permit.

We're taking our maiden voyage in 2 weeks - something more to look forward to; The anticipation, the doubt, the anxieties..., woohoo!
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Yeah, "Mecca" -- we considered moving to CA if we were going to be really serious about getting an older AS just so we could be close to Inland! I have read so many posts by Andy and am grateful that he writes people, I have learned a lot!

We are picking up and GOING CAMPING! We will bring a long extension cord in case we forget how everything works when we leave the seller and drive off!

I have been waiting about 18 months for this trailer but really, when I saw this one, I thought I had found "it" and we have it, so it must be so! And this little part hasn't taken very long. It went up for auction two weeks ago and we are picking it up this Thurs, so it has only been 3 weeks or 3 lifetimes or something.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
I don't think Inland RV is close enough for this, but any airstreamers who are on their pilgrimage who want to take a detour and come and throw back a beer, and show us your trailer, is welcome to come visit us!