Old 04-26-2004, 07:37 AM   #15
Past Prez.NEU/Membership
2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Pinkflamingos (that's an original) and Penguin,

Sooooooo excited for you two! Know just how you feel!!

Good luck to the both of you on your new TT purchase. Excited to have you join the AS club. I have to say that this is an exciting club, with a lot of wonderful members. I am glad to be a part of it. We purchased our AS on April 2nd, 2004. Our maiden voyage will be driving 600 miles to Washington, DC on May 16th. Anybody interested in meeting us there, please e-mail us. Would love to meet members of our AS family.

Happy Streamin'

T & Gail
2015 Airstream Interstate Ext
2005 34'Classic- Mercury (Goddess of Travel)
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:04 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado

We've had our Airstream about a month. It's a 1968 Overlander, that we got off eBay. I've been reading this forum, so I knew the things to check (like don't buy a trailer site unseen). As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew it was "the one", and logic went out the window. So, we drove to St. Louis to pick it up.

The previous post is right about gas station canopies. We mostly stuck to the interstate to access stations that catered to trucks. No going through the drive-thru at McDonalds, you have to find an "out of the way" place to park. On'll want to stick to pull through spots, until you get the hang of backing.

This is a wonderful family. You'll meet a great bunch of people!

Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
The 3 weeks from the time we contacted the seller until he delivered our Safari (he was passing through anyway) was just about the longest of my life. The anticipation, the doubt, the anxieties...
We've had it almost a month now, and while it wasn't exactly in as good shape as the seller promised - it has no problems we can't fix. The PO didn't have it very long, and I suspect it is because he wasn't up doing plumbing repairs and stuff. Or maybe he just didn't want to be bothered.

The first big thing was getting a rock guard. We went down to Mecca - aka Inland RV in Corona - on Friday afternoon and $600+ later, we had our guard, and a few 'extras', mostly replacement seals for windows, ext door, screens, etc. So glad we were able to go down and talk to Andy in person: on his advice, before attaching the guard, we removed the front window and replaced the seal, the 'fuzzies' on the screen, and filled in the PO's extra holes. I would hate to have had to reseal it at later date with the guard on. Those little 'extras' sure add up though! Also Andy had the pressure relief valve for the water heater, so that leak is fixed too. We are ready to roll, the rest of the fixes can be done as time (and camping schedules) permit.

We're taking our maiden voyage in 2 weeks - something more to look forward to; The anticipation, the doubt, the anxieties..., woohoo!
mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Yeah, "Mecca" -- we considered moving to CA if we were going to be really serious about getting an older AS just so we could be close to Inland! I have read so many posts by Andy and am grateful that he writes people, I have learned a lot!

We are picking up and GOING CAMPING! We will bring a long extension cord in case we forget how everything works when we leave the seller and drive off!

I have been waiting about 18 months for this trailer but really, when I saw this one, I thought I had found "it" and we have it, so it must be so! And this little part hasn't taken very long. It went up for auction two weeks ago and we are picking it up this Thurs, so it has only been 3 weeks or 3 lifetimes or something.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #19
Rivet Master
1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
I don't think Inland RV is close enough for this, but any airstreamers who are on their pilgrimage who want to take a detour and come and throw back a beer, and show us your trailer, is welcome to come visit us!

pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote